Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lendale Gets His Loogie On

twenty-eight

You also forgot a certain player that lead all QB's last year by the name of Carson Palmer.

But when did this thread go from White spitting, to Taylor spitting, to Taylor v. Dawkins to bashing USC?

Talk about a Hijack. Call the FAA!

Well I asked the USC question, but yeah I forget about Palmer as well:doh:

It's way too early to call any of those guys a bust...

True. What Lendale White did was worse than what Taylor did, but spitting on some one is not cool period. If it were a lesser player, he'd be cut like that.

First off, spitting is spitting. It is classless no matter who you do it too.

As for which one is worse, it really doesn't matter, but If I had to pick one, I'd rather have this sort of thing happen in a practice on my team, instead doing it and getting ejected out of a playoff game, when your teammates are counting on you. :doh:

First off, spitting is spitting. It is classless no matter who you do it too.

As for which one is worse, it really doesn't matter, but If I had to pick one, I'd rather have this sort of thing happen in a practice on my team, instead doing it and getting ejected out of a playoff game, when your teammates are counting on you. :doh:

Well, at least he's talented enough to get his team to the playoffs, unlike another safety who got burned for two touchdowns in 3 minutes....and can you remind me how the cowboys did in the playoffs last season?

Back to the original topic, yes this is actually a thread about LenDale White. He may have gotten a cheapshot, but spitting on a teammate is something that will be hard to just forgive and forget. This coming from a rookie too, instead of earning his teammates respect he's losing it by showing no class. Everyone has their brawls, but White took this way too far.

Back to the original topic, yes this is actually a thread about LenDale White. He may have gotten a cheapshot, but spitting on a teammate is something that will be hard to just forgive and forget. This coming from a rookie too, instead of earning his teammates respect he's losing it by showing no class. Everyone has their brawls, but White took this way too far.

I don't know enough about the Titans to know who the guys he was fighting with were, or what their role with the team will be. If they are nothing but camp bodies, I think most guys on the team will forgive him after his first good performance, sadly.

Well, at least he's talented enough to get his team to the playoffs, unlike another safety who got burned for two touchdowns in 3 minutes....and can you remind me how the cowboys did in the playoffs last season?

He got your team to the playoffs? Single handidly? Wow, he must be alot better than everyone else on earth thinks he is.

You watched the superbowl at home, same as we did. How'd that work out for you?

He got your team to the playoffs? Single handidly? Wow, he must be alot better than everyone else on earth thinks he is.

You watched the superbowl at home, same as we did. How'd that work out for you?

I never said he single handidly got us into the playoffs. My point was that he didnt single handidly lose any games for us(14-13)

All i know is you guys got SWEPT last season and we went deeper into the playoffs, It's just something to build on...Expect more of the same this season....

No, but Sean Taylor has.:laugh:

You should join the "DTC".:laugh:

I don't think any Skins fan is proud of what ST did. Pittman is a nasty SOB and may have been running off at the mouth though that isn't an excuse.

Watched interviews with him and he seems like a decent guy really. I don't think one incident ought to mark a guy. I mean it wasn;t like he was deliberately trying to hurt someone with an illegal tackle. i doubt it'll continue to be a problem although i'm sure plenty of teams will try to provoke him.

POSTED 2:43 p.m. EDT, August 11, 2006

LENDALE'S LOOGIE NOT A SURPRISE

Talk in league circles in the wake of Thursday's training camp brawl resulting from LenDale White's decision to spit at safety Donnie Nickey is that the only thing surprising about the situation is that it took so long for LenDale to show his ass.

On Thursday, coach Jeff Fisher blasted Nickey, who removed his helmet and swung it at White during the melee. But once Fisher realized that the fight was caused by White's act of (in our view) ultimate disrespect, the head coach apologized for going after the recipient of the spittle.

"There are times when the head coach doesn’t know everything that happens," Fisher said, according to the Nashville City Paper. "This was one of those examples, and I apologized to Donnie. They have to let me be wrong, and I was wrong, because I didn't know everything. Donnie's fine and Donnie understands. LenDale understands. He crossed the line and he can't do that anymore. It won't happen again. I assure you it will not happen again."

But how does Fisher know it won't happen again? Has he removed White's salivary glands? Or has he determined that (as one reader suggested) it really wasn't spit but milk from one of White's man boobs?

Bottom line -- even if White is getting (as it appears) a free pass on this one from the coach, it doesn't mean that the guys in the locker room will forget about it. And in an era where chemistry means more than it ever did for NFL teams, White's actions are the equivalent of dropping a two-ton turd in the test tube.

Archived