Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First time going to Training Camp 8/10

bert07

Anyone have any good hints / suggestions?

Get there early?

Where to stand?

Do not really care about autographs at all, just want to see the coaches interact with the players and also see if my lofty standards for this squad are on point.

Thanks

Bert

Yesterday I arrived around 2:45 and was at the front of the line and could sit anywhere I wanted.

Best place to watch is probably somewhere close to the cherry picker that the photographers stand on that is on the 50 yard line.

I took some great pictures from this point and could see everything.

Yea my first one was on Monday. ^^^ I too tried to stay near the cherrypicker. You can see everything from there. I know u say u don't care about autographs, but i got Marcus Washington's and Brandon Lloyds'.

While we're talking autographs I got Joe Gibbs, Al Saunders, Joe Bugel, and Bubba Tyer.

I got Gibbs along the railing (he was the only one to come up that way yesterday) And all of the others I got waiting outside the gate and they all stopped in their cars including coach Gibbs again.

While we're talking autographs I got Joe Gibbs, Al Saunders, Joe Bugel, and Bubba Tyer.

I got Gibbs along the railing (he was the only one to come up that way yesterday) And all of the others I got waiting outside the gate and they all stopped in their cars including coach Gibbs again.

Yea I tried to get Gibbs when he was coming up that way, but he skipped over me. And I couldn't find another open spot, but I was still happy wit Lloyd and M. Wash.

If you get there at least an hour early, you will be able to find a good spot. Maybe even right along the fence, depending on the crowd for that day.

When I went last year, I had no problem moving around and getting good views. Is it really that crowded this year?

I wanted to go tommorrow too, but the forecast says possible thunderstorms and I don't want to drive all that way for nothing.

I went on Tuesday and was fortunate enough to get Coach Gibbs autograph. I plan on going back next Tuesday and I really hope to get some players this time around. Is that true that sometimes players will stop at the gate to sign autographs?

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

When I went last year, I had no problem moving around and getting good views. Is it really that crowded this year?

I wanted to go tommorrow too, but the forecast says possible thunderstorms and I don't want to drive all that way for nothing.

There is a line at the gate waiting to get in even though they open it more than an hour before the official start to practice. I get there an hour early and there are already plenty of people inside and setup along the fence, even on a quieter day like yesterday.

There is a line at the gate waiting to get in even though they open it more than an hour before the official start to practice. I get there an hour early and there are already plenty of people inside and setup along the fence, even on a quieter day like yesterday.

I lucked out. I left my cousins house and she told me it would take me 1.5 hours to get to Ashburn so I left at 1:00. But it only took me 45 to get there and I was the 5th guy in line.

Yesterday I arrived around 2:45 and was at the front of the line and could sit anywhere I wanted.

Best place to watch is probably somewhere close to the cherry picker that the photographers stand on that is on the 50 yard line.

I took some great pictures from this point and could see everything.

This might be a stupid question, but whats the cherry picker? Thinking about taking my lil bro on friday and will probably try and get there extra early, but don't want to go to the wrong area.

This might be a stupid question, but whats the cherry picker? Thinking about taking my lil bro on friday and will probably try and get there extra early, but don't want to go to the wrong area.
Just to save you a trip, there's no camp on Friday, only Thursday. And then Tuesday of next week.

A cherry picker is just a vehicle with a crane arm that has a platform for people to stand on. Like the electric company trucks.

I guess a lot of people are on the band wagon now!

Just to save you a trip, there's no camp on Friday, only Thursday. And then Tuesday of next week.

A cherry picker is just a vehicle with a crane arm that has a platform for people to stand on. Like the electric company trucks.

lol your right, thanks for pointing that out. Tomm it is then. Thanks again that would have sucked. What do people usually have them sign? Jerseys? Hats? Just don't want to look dumb trying to get a jersey signed or something.

lol your right, thanks for pointing that out. Tomm it is then. Thanks again that would have sucked. What do people usually have them sign? Jerseys? Hats? Just don't want to look dumb trying to get a jersey signed or something.
Jersey wouldn't be dumb at all. People just gather at the fence and shove across anything they have - jerseys, footballs, hats, etc. There was even a guy right next to me yesterday holding his baby out at arms length, over people's heads, for Coach Gibbs to sign. Now THAT is crazy. :laugh:

You can actually buy all that stuff at merchandise tents inside and outside the gates. Other than the baby of course.

Archived