Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pompei's sporting blog - Article on the NFC East

HapHaszard

Interesting article, a little old, Aug 4th but I thought someone might enjoy reading it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=114739

Standing here in Ashburn, Va., watching the Redskins practice on a sweltering day reminds me of how tough the NFC East looks this year.

If there is a weak sister in that division, let me know who it is. I see four tough teams with some of the game's best coaches and well stocked rosters. I'm not sure anyone can forsee what is going to separate the Giants, Redskins, Cowboys and Eagles. If injuries aren't a major factor, the division should be a dogfight all season.

You can wonder about the Eagles' receivers, the Cowboys' offensive line and the quarterback play for the Giants and Redskins. But there aren't many teams in the NFL that are more solid than these four on paper.

Well I think its actually a pretty tough decision...

-We all know what the NFC East has.

-AFC North has the Superbowl champs, the Bengals who could go far in the playoffs if they keep their off the field problems to a minimum as well as improved Ravens and Browns teams

-NFC South has serious playoff contenders in the Bucs, Falcons, and Panthers, as well as a Saints team that finally has a real QB

-AFC West has the Broncos who could make a Superbowl run. KC is always tough at home, San Diego could have some hiccups this year with a new QB but feature some great offensive weapons. The Raiders umm... ok well they will probably suck again.

Any of these divisions could make a claim to being the toughest division in the league. We will just have to see what teams bring it when the season starts.

Archived