Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis Face Of The Skins

chronicdesi

I know this article is already posted in the "Breaking News Forum", but there were a few quotes in here that I have never heard before, and just thought they would be interesting:

"Although he isn't big (5-11, 212), Portis likes to run inside and doesn't mind contact. In a 35-20 win against the New York Giants last Dec. 24, Portis came to the sideline and screamed at Gibbs.

"You want to win this game?" he said.

"Yeah, I want to win," Gibbs said.

"Then run 'gut' and 'power!' " "

"Joe had affection for John, just like he has a tremendous amount of affection for Clinton.""

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/redskins/2006-08-02-portis-feature_x.htm

There are a few more in there, but just reading this makes me proud of having Portis as the face of the Skins. He really understands and admires Gibbs' style of football, and is the prototype Gibbs player. I was too young to remember Gibbs' first go around, but seeing the relationship he has with his players, and the type of attitude it brings just makes me understand why he is a HOF coach...

Has there ever been a RB who can take the pounding inside but is as ridiculously fast as CP?

Maybe Dorsett, but I was too young to remember him really... I mean Clinton would be fast for a cornerback in this league... he is one tough B&G SOB.

Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, John Riggins, Jim Brown, etc. Portis is one of the best in the NFL, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, John Riggins, Jim Brown, etc. Portis is one of the best in the NFL, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

Actually he's on pace to be in the top ten of all time. He's played 4 seasons and is averaging nearly 1500 yds a year...you do the math. He's extraordinary. I don't think it's "too early" to start talking about Portis being an all time great. His numbers don't lie, and he'll certainly get a championship :D

HTTR!

Actually he's on pace to be in the top ten of all time. He's played 4 seasons and is averaging nearly 1500 yds a year...you do the math. He's extraordinary. I don't think it's "too early" to start talking about Portis being an all time great. His numbers don't lie, and he'll certainly get a championship :D

HTTR!

hmmm... If I respond, I'll be put in the unenviable position of arguing against one of my favorite players. I think it is too early to compare Portis, in terms of all time greats, simply because his career is not nearly finished.

Archived