Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Question... please help

congo4269

First of all, sorry in advance for posting this here (especially now that we have REAL stuff to talk about), but I desperately need your help. I recently purchased 2 season tickets from a season ticket holder, and they are now asking for more money. So, I need to know how much these tickets are actually worth for face value. The tickets are for Row 3, Section 139 for all 8 regular season games and 2 preseason. I paid $3500 for 2 of them, and now they are asking for $5000. Does anyone sit in that area and know what they are actually worth? Thanks in advance, guys..

Mods, if you need to move this, I understand.

seems like 3500 would be close to face for those seats (which are amazing, by the way)

I am in 103 about halfway up, and mine were around 3600 or something this year with tailgate club and parking

the guy probably just realized that he could have sold the seats for 5k and made some $ for himself. I wouldnt pay more if you can help it. I belive the ticket policy says that season ticket holders are allowed to sell their tickets, but not above face value. You might try to use that to keep him legit.

Good luck

seems like 3500 would be close to face for those seats (which are amazing, by the way)

I am in 103 about halfway up, and mine were around 3600 or something this year with tailgate club and parking

the guy probably just realized that he could have sold the seats for 5k and made some $ for himself. I wouldnt pay more if you can help it. I belive the ticket policy says that season ticket holders are allowed to sell their tickets, but not above face value. You might try to use that to keep him legit.

Good luck

Thanks bud... Problem is I don't want to be accusing because I'm going to be sitting with them all year (they sold me 2 of their 4). Thanks for the advice though; I'm gonna offer another $500 their way and see if that works.

So you already paid him and now he wants more? Did he give you the tickets yet?

No not yet, he has them now but is asking for more money for them. I have a signed contract for them, and I already paid. Legally he can't charge me more, but he's in a predicament because someone else offered him $6k for them.

No not yet, he has them now but is asking for more money for them. I have a signed contract for them, and I already paid. Legally he can't charge me more, but he's in a predicament because someone else offered him $6k for them.

Doesn't really sound like he's in a predicament; he's just being a tool. If you have a contract, you can make him complete the transaction. However, since you said you'll be sitting next to him, that can change things. That would be awkward. I'd look on ebay for a better deal then ask for my money back from him. In fact, I might even ask him to buy you out of the contract. In other words, ask for your money back plus an extra $500 to void the contract. He'll be out $500, but then he can then sell them for $6K.

Doesn't really sound like he's in a predicament; he's just being a tool. If you have a contract, you can make him complete the transaction. However, since you said you'll be sitting next to him, that can change things. That would be awkward. I'd look on ebay for a better deal then ask for my money back from him. In fact, I might even ask him to buy you out of the contract. In other words, ask for your money back plus an extra $500 to void the contract. He'll be out $500, but then he can then sell them for $6K.

Thanks man, that's what i was thinking about doing. Appreciate all the help guys.

sounds pretty rediculous....dont offer him any more money....he wanted the money back then so he could make payment in march....if you do decide to to take a refund, make sure you charge him interest...it not gonna be much, but its teh principal of this guy being a scumbag

That's a really good Idea. Remind him that you have a contract plus the rule of not selling for more than face value. If you are in to the tickets for $3,500, and some guy has "Truely" offered $6,000...split the difference. YOU sell them to this guy for $6,000 since you ARE NOT the actual season ticket holder, then you give the guy his portion of your profit...$1,250 each...then you have your $3,500 back plus $1,250, and he has an extra $1,250 over the original $3,500 you gave him.

Then you go get some other tickets.

Archived