Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charles Barkley for Governor

blitzpackage

Here is the link on espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2531022

Some of the interesting talking points include but are not limited to:

"I was a Republican until they lost their minds," he said earlier this month at a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada.

"I really believe I was put on Earth to do more than play basketball and stockpile money."

"There are too many black kids and their parents who do not value a good education," he said. "There are places where a black kid who is a good student and tries to speak correctly, you hear stuff like, 'He's trying to be white.' Well, I say, if that's true, we need more kids trying to be white."

"What I've said is I'm rich like a Republican. But I'm not one."

Any comments?

Here is the link on espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2531022

Some of the interesting talking points include but are not limited to:

Any comments?

Actually, Democratic politicians are richer and have more "Old Money" than most self made Republican millionaires. It is ignorant to say that money is only in the hands of Republicans. What does he believe in?

I'm sure alot of people are going to chime in this thread and bash this and bash that but I think its a good thing when a guy whats to honestly make a difference in a state that is filled with poverty. Barkley could reach people a little better then soemone who just "pretends" to do something. He isnt going to be a snake either like most politicians, he is a straight shooter. I dont agree with alot of the stuff he says but if he wants to make a difference in alabama then I applaud him.

I'm sure alot of people are going to chime in this thread and bash this and bash that but I think its a good thing when a guy whats to honestly make a difference in a state that is filled with poverty. Barkley could reach people a little better then soemone who just "pretends" to do something. He isnt going to be a snake either like most politicians, he is a straight shooter. I dont agree with alot of the stuff he says but if he wants to make a difference in alabama then I applaud him.

I agree. Barkley is nothing if not a straight shooter. He wouldn't be like the other politicians just looking out for their buddies. I think he could really make a difference. At least he'll take a side, and not play both sides against each other.

I'd vote for him.

I'd have to agree that he speaks his mind and does what he believes. If he wants to make a positive difference why not try.

I mean god forbid he try to make a difference in an area with poverty. I'd rather see someone who just bulls ahead to get progress than just tread water to make other people rich.

I saw the interview on PTI, and the host tried to get Charles to say what he wanted to do as Governor. This wasn't easy, because Charles didn't really know.The only thing of substance was his belieif that we have to give A LOT MORE to the country's poor. I believe this is the poor that is already given housing ( Section 8 ) food ( foodstamps ) and medical ( medicaid for children and just go to any emergency room and recieve free care ) so I'm not quite sure what Sir Chuck is thinking.

If he really wanted to help the poor he ought to come out in favor of an education voucher system so the poor of all races could send there children to the same schools as the well to do.

Who knows, he's a maverick. Maybe he will.:2cents:

Guest sith lord

I agree with some of what Barkey says, but I also feel that Barkley grandstands a lot and speak from both sides of his mouth.

Archived