Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carucci NFL.com Column - NFC East (Merged)

gostanford

Well, actually this is only his 2nd season SINCE college. So its only his 2nd offense since college too.

They could say its his 6th offense since High School though but is that really a bad thing? College offenses aren't very similar to NFL offenses so having that kind of experience can't be considered bad.

5 - People label him as a roamer. If you saw him on Quite Frankly, Stephen A Smith asked him about this...he said he doesnt know why people say that...and I think to a certain extent it was a kinda false statement..

I think this is one of Lavar biggest problems. He doesn't realize when HE is doing something wrong. It was the same thing last year when he didn't know why he wasn't being played more, and the coaches specifically said he needed to show more in practice.....it took him weeks to figure it out....

Probably because of Brunell's age and the fact that he has been dinged both years he has been here. Of course, he has yet to miss a game because of injury.

I'm pretty sure you're onto something. I think it's a bigger concern for us because Brunell seems to be the most likely QB to go down and require us to use our QB depth. Of course, as last year showed us, any QB can get hurt at any time, but if you were playing the odds...Brunell is the most likely. Let's hope he makes it through the whole year.

5 - People label him as a roamer. If you saw him on Quite Frankly, Stephen A Smith asked him about this...he said he doesnt know why people say that...and I think to a certain extent it was a kinda false statement..

I put this right up there with his comments last year that nobody has told him what he's doing wrong. A team full of Lavars would look like a 7 and under soccer game.

I'm pretty sure you're onto something. I think it's a bigger concern for us because Brunell seems to be the most likely QB to go down and require us to use our QB depth. Of course, as last year showed us, any QB can get hurt at any time, but if you were playing the odds...Brunell is the most likely. Let's hope he makes it through the whole year.

Everybody seems to assume this because of his age, but people also seem to assume that QB in Philly will just automatically return to form after his surgery.....Not to mention "the statue" in Dallass with their O-line issues.

If the O-line can protect him well - which I think they have the potential to be one of the best in the league - and keep him from running around too much, Brunell will be fine.

Archived