Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My NFL Head Coach Career

gchwood

I just wanted to share with you all my career in NFL Head Coach thus far. You all should really like the current results.

In the Offseason I elected to retain Lavar and Traded Ramsey to the Jets for a 6th round pick.

In the draft I picked up Sinorice Moss, Ashton Youboty, Maurice Drew and Devin Hester (as well as others that I don't remember)

IN free agency I added David Boston and Lenny Walls.

We are currently 10 mil under the cap (no cap penalties to start with)

After a 1-3 preseason...

we are now 6-0, having just beaten the Colts 32-13

We have the highest scoring offense in the league (we put up 62 on the Titans). We are 3rd in rushing yards, 25th in passing yards

We have the 3rd ranked Defense in Yards allowed, 5th in points allowed, and first in turnovers forced and scoring (7 defensive tds)

Portis is having a great year with just over 650 yards and 4 tds

Bruenell is having a less than stellar year with 850 yards 12 tds and 17 ints!!

Marcus Washington leads the league with 13 sacks already

Shawn Springs has 7 picks to lead the league

Mind you that there are no adjustable time or sliders or difficulty levels in this game. The game runs on 5 min quarters with a slowed down clock.

If only our team can come out of the gate like this.

More updates to come.

Free Agency was tough wasn't it?

nah not bad I kept the players who I thought would help and picked up the role players I needed.

Walt Harris is a holdout on the team so I thought to myself "self, you need to forget him and draft 2 CBs."

That is how I roll I don't screw with holdouts I let them hold out and replace them.

The game is great for those who like strategy by the way.

game sounds like fun is it worth buying???

there are a few bugs, but what new game doesnt nowadays

It is very in depth, you really need to do practice instead of simulating it. I have a headset and it is pretty cool calling the plays with it.

I enjoy this game much more than I have madden as I am not always in control and fessibly i could lose a game (unlike madden against the computer)

I just wanted to share with you all my career in NFL Head Coach thus far. You all should really like the current results....

Did you go after any of our recent offensive and defensive FA acquisitions such as Randle El, Lloy, or Fauria, Archuletta, Carter? If so, what were your methods used in obtaining said players?

GC

Did you go after any of our recent offensive and defensive FA acquisitions such as Randle El, Lloy, or Fauria, Archuletta, Carter? If so, what were your methods used in obtaining said players?

GC

No sadly most of the teams reupped with those players, I did try to go after brandon lloyd but the agent wanted a 6 yr 50 mil contract and I just laughed

Question do you actually "see" the game being played after you call a play?....second question the game has voice recognition?!?!

1. yes you do see the play after you call the play, you choose when the quarterback snaps the ball, but you can do all kinds of defensive adjustments such as seting the WR progressions or telling the QB to step up in to the pocket, or to focus on the sidelines, or to throw past the first down marker

2. yes yes it does have voice recognition, plus you get to here the coordinators in your ear during the game. You can also change the view to the coaches first person view

No sadly most of the teams reupped with those players, I did try to go after brandon lloyd but the agent wanted a 6 yr 50 mil contract and I just laughed

Yeah too bad they don't have a "go to #377" option for that agent. I'm going to get HC probably next week but I want to try and devise a scheme first to get Randel El, lloyd, and/or Archuletta at least.

They need another set of drop down menus entitled "Snyder" where you can keep undercutting the salary cap :)

GC

I have really enjoyed the game so far.

I am 5-0 as coach of the Skins.

I have only a few players worth anything that I have picked up through trades and FA.

Strahan (FA)

Traded Skins 1st rd pick (22nd) + Arrington for Llyod and #6 overall pick.

Drafted Reggie Bush with #6 overall

Traded Bush to Arizona for A. Boldin

Cletidus Hunt (FA) He is better than Griffin in the game

Tony Williams (FA)

As for the game, I have maybe 7 plays that are $$money plays. I need to design and practice more but Im still learning.

One of the things that drives me nuts is that when I get in the red zone, Portis is always tired and on the bench. Even if I call a TO to get him in there he stays out.

Brunnell is doing o.k.. I am not leading the league in very many categories but my offense can score.

Yeah too bad they don't have a "go to #377" option for that agent. I'm going to get HC probably next week but I want to try and devise a scheme first to get Randel El, lloyd, and/or Archuletta at least.

They need another set of drop down menus entitled "Snyder" where you can keep undercutting the salary cap :)

GC

It will be pretty difficult to get Randle El and Archuletta, I tried to trade for them and I was constantly rejected. I mean as fun as it would be to havethe actual team to work with I like working with the draft and the free agency to mold the team the way I think it should be i.e. two burner receivers (the brothers moss) and a big physical possesion receiver (Boston), plus a good change of pace back in Drew (though I do mix the beast Nemo in)

I have really enjoyed the game so far.

I am 5-0 as coach of the Skins.

I have only a few players worth anything that I have picked up through trades and FA.

Strahan (FA)

Traded Skins 1st rd pick (22nd) + Arrington for Llyod and #6 overall pick.

Drafted Reggie Bush with #6 overall

Traded Bush to Arizona for A. Boldin

Cletidus Hunt (FA) He is better than Griffin in the game

Tony Williams (FA)

As for the game, I have maybe 7 plays that are $$money plays. I need to design and practice more but Im still learning.

One of the things that drives me nuts is that when I get in the red zone, Portis is always tired and on the bench. Even if I call a TO to get him in there he stays out.

Brunnell is doing o.k.. I am not leading the league in very many categories but my offense can score.

do you find it easy to win games or are your games close? I usually will be close for the first half and then score 21-28 points in the second half

Simming definitely puts your career in jeopardy. I've also noticed relying too much on the coordinators to call plays can be fatal.

I didn't think getting rid of LaVar was an option short of trading.

Unfortunately there's no way to back load contracts, ala Snyder style either.

Did anybody else try to resign Holdman and notice how absurd his contrat demands were? Needless to say, he stayed a free agent.

just from reading all of this i've decided to buy the game

If you are expecting madden don't bother. If you are someone who can take a passive role during game time and a very very active role through out the game week than this is very much for you

do you find it easy to win games or are your games close? I usually will be close for the first half and then score 21-28 points in the second half

From what I've heard everyone who has the game is friggin undefeated :( I'm starting to wonder if the game is too easy or if everyone's managerial skills are just that good? I'm wondering how my team will fare. Man, if I lose one game now I am going to be PISSED.

GC

Simming definitely puts your career in jeopardy. I've also noticed relying too much on the coordinators to call plays can be fatal.

yeah I simmed one week and my entire offense and defense was near the bottom of their rating range.

It will be pretty difficult to get Randle El and Archuletta, I tried to trade for them and I was constantly rejected. I mean as fun as it would be to havethe actual team to work with I like working with the draft and the free agency to mold the team the way I think it should be i.e. two burner receivers (the brothers moss) and a big physical possesion receiver (Boston), plus a good change of pace back in Drew (though I do mix the beast Nemo in)

Good point. It's cool to be able to do your own thing with draft and FA but I guess Snyder brainwashed me into thinking everything has to be "official". I want to play with the official up to date redskins roster on Head coach while eating the official chicken of the washington redskins and wearing the official jersrsey, hat, and shorts of the skins.

The brothers Moss together just sounds sick! I'd probably try and draft a Bush type and at least try for Randel el hardcore.

GC

From what I've heard everyone who has the game is friggin undefeated :( I'm starting to wonder if the game is too easy or if everyone's managerial skills are just that good? I'm wondering how my team will fare. Man, if I lose one game now I am going to be PISSED.

GC

Alot has to do with preperation. the passing sucks, there are too many interceptions, but If I didn't put together a ridiculous defense I don't think I would be undefeated

Good point. It's cool to be able to do your own thing with draft and FA but I guess Snyder brainwashed me into thinking everything has to be "official". I want to play with the official up to date redskins roster on Head coach while eating the official chicken of the washington redskins and wearing the official jersrsey, hat, and shorts of the skins.

The brothers Moss together just sounds sick! I'd probably try and draft a Bush type and at least try for Randel el hardcore.

GC

I didn't even think RB in the draft as I was still contemplating resigning betts, but when Maurice Drew was available in the 6th round and he has a range of 68-85 I was like "hell yeah" He comes in for alot of the mop up time

ive had this game for a whole week now and already ive put in over 40 hours into it. trying to get all of our new players can be a *****, but ive gotten used to it and the only person i havent gotten yet is randle el, because the steelers are ****ing retarded.

i went 4-0 in the preseason and so far i am 2-0 in the regular season

minnesota 22-0

dallas 28-0

portis has 272 yds so far and the passing game is kind of pissing me off

i dont understand when players get better....brunell and springs have their max ratings drop almost every week and despite an awesome preseason portis hasnt gotten any better

daniels and wynn got robbed in this game. not only are they not that good to begin, but they keep getting worse, and the d-line is the hardest position to train before a game.

yeah I simmed one week and my entire offense and defense was near the bottom of their rating range.

One thing I did learn was NOT to sim through a practice because everytime, you will lose a good player for the game due to injury.

Archived