• @ Eagles
    • @ Buccaneers
    • vs. Panthers
    • vs. Falcons
    • vs. Eagles
    • @ Saints
    • @ Rams
    • vs. Giants

is that the same shawn springs that has recorded tackles in week 17 and the playoffs?

the skins when had injured players out during the mid-season were 5-6...and lets not equate thrash, patten and wynn with a McNabb missing or the starting DB field of the giants and two key starting LBs and LT for dallas. you are comparing role players with key starters.

and yes thomas was out, he is a key starter and the offensive performance reflects what his absence meant....do you imagine going through a major portion of the season with Key starters missing? do you seriously think you will find the same level of success putting out 200 yards of offense every week?

how about taking out Jansen, or thomas, lets take out Holdman for good and lets take out another starting LB as well....the rest of the players come on and go with injuries as every team deals with those (Jones, Henry for example).

First of all, you're showing your utter lack of Redskins football knowledge right there.

Okay, take Holdman out. Obviously you didn't watch the first Giants game. We did better without him. And that's the second time you've mentioned him, as if he's some sort of integral cog to the system. Please.

And Springs WAS injured at the end of the year. He came back in Week 17 but was out for at least 2-3 weeks before that. Games that we won without key starters. The difference between my team and your apparent team, Dallas-slurping friend of mine, is that we overcome major injuries. The Dallas Cowboys did not. End of story.

Although I will complement you on your swift change of subject. You fail to acknowledge my calling you on your egregious misstatement about the Redskins' health this season.

:logo:

Dxtrmanlee, drugs are a terrible thing:doh: I would completely disagree, speed is Moss' speciality, along with his quickness and agility. The man is fast everywhere, he's just not 6'3, his only "drawback". He is the epitome of a speed receiver.

Thank you. The words I was looking for. I thought I'd fallen off the planet and fell back on a different one when I read Dxtmanlee's post.

Thank you. The words I was looking for. I thought I'd fallen off the planet and fell back on a different one when I read Dxtmanlee's post.

Not to mention that Santana plays way bigger than a lot of 6'3" recievers and has one of the best vertical leaps in the game - I believe only Champ Bailey and Dante Stallworth have better ones.

Santana's height didn't stop him from doing anything, and it isn't gonna stop him from doing anything.

Can't stop, won't stop. Santana Moss.

Exactly, every team has injuries, some teams like the Cowgirls choke at the end of the yr, and other teams like the Skins finish strong and get in the big tourny. I hope your not a Cowgirl fan b/c all you did was make our point, we have better coaching and a better team, thats why we made the playoffs and even won a playoff game, which Parcells can't seem to do in Dallas. Why?

no, what I did was just show when you key starters are out, your team will struggle....ala skins being 5-6 when Griffin and springs were out....and when they struggled offensively when Thomas went out....

like I said cowboys had injuries to minor players that missed time...role players...but who cares....crayton was out most of the season...whoop dee doo...Injuries, or health of a team makes a lot of difference in making the playoffs and succeeding and not....pitt when had injured players struggled and looked like they might miss the playoff...then they got healthy and started winning...surprise surprise....

First of all, you're showing your utter lack of Redskins football knowledge right there.

Okay, take Holdman out. Obviously you didn't watch the first Giants game. We did better without him. And that's the second time you've mentioned him, as if he's some sort of integral cog to the system. Please.

And Springs WAS injured at the end of the year. He came back in Week 17 but was out for at least 2-3 weeks before that. Games that we won without key starters. The difference between my team and your apparent team, Dallas-slurping friend of mine, is that we overcome major injuries. The Dallas Cowboys did not. End of story.

Although I will complement you on your swift change of subject. You fail to acknowledge my calling you on your egregious misstatement about the Redskins' health this season.

and who did the skins play during the last few games when springs was injured? cowboys, eagles and giants...all missing MULTIPLE key starters....

like I said, we have seen the skins without key starters...we have seen the defense struggle without griffin..we have seen the offense struggle when Jansen is out, we have seen the offense struggle when Thomas is out....lets take out Washington instead of Holdman.....would the defense be the same?

Yet they still managed to beat the Eagles on the road, and Tampa in the playoffs w. their 3rd string guard.

You're pointing the finger as if Dallas will be fine and will remain totally healthy. We know much more about our team than you do so until you have something worth while to say, stick it.

ANY team is going to have injuries - how they deal with them is the real question.

it doesn't mean dallas will remain injury free or eagles, or giants, or tampa or etc..... but injuries to key starters can ruin any team's season. The skins were rather lucky last season compared to other teams in the division. you can't equate McNabb to Springs missing a game or three. You can't equate Adams missing 10 games with Wynn missing a game or two. and yes the skins beat the eagles but they went 6-10 two years ago struggling mightly on offense..why? because Jansens' replacement wasn't as effective, so extra blockers had to stay in and help out...on and on and it had a domino effect on what you were able to do.

it doesn't mean dallas will remain injury free or eagles, or giants, or tampa or etc..... but injuries to key starters can ruin any team's season. The skins were rather lucky last season compared to other teams in the division. you can't equate McNabb to Springs missing a game or three. You can't equate Adams missing 10 games with Wynn missing a game or two. and yes the skins beat the eagles but they went 6-10 two years ago struggling mightly on offense..why? because Jansens' replacement wasn't as effective, so extra blockers had to stay in and help out...on and on and it had a domino effect on what you were able to do.

Without McNabb, Philly's offense sputtered. Without Thomas, our offense sputtered. That's about equal. In fact, Philly fared better without McNabb offensively than we did without Thomas. Same goes for Flozell Adams. It's all about equal.

And I can equate Adams missing 10 games with Patten missing 10 games. Both offenses suffered greatly without these players on the field.

We were not lucky injury wise this season. [Forgetting Brunell's injury against the cheap-shooting Giants already?]

I'm just trying to help you out, man. It's obvious to everyone here that your football knowledge is extensively limited, at least with regard to assessing the impact of injury, and saying that the Skins were lucky with injuries this year is just making you look like a total idiot.

Without McNabb, Philly's offense sputtered. Without Thomas, our offense sputtered. That's about equal. In fact, Philly fared better without McNabb offensively than we did without Thomas. Same goes for Flozell Adams. It's all about equal.

And I can equate Adams missing 10 games with Patten missing 10 games. Both offenses suffered greatly without these players on the field.

We were not lucky injury wise this season. [Forgetting Brunell's injury against the cheap-shooting Giants already?]

I'm just trying to help you out, man. It's obvious to everyone here that your football knowledge is extensively limited, at least with regard to assessing the impact of injury, and saying that the Skins were lucky with injuries this year is just making you look like a total idiot.

spoken like a true redskins fanatic. but I expect that being on this board. no surprises here. losing patten is equal to losing adams or losing mcnabb. so let me ask you, which player loss will have had biggest impact on the redskins? Patten or Samuels?

spoken like a true redskins fanatic. but I expect that being on this board. no surprises here. losing patten is equal to losing adams or losing mcnabb. so let me ask you, which player loss will have had biggest impact on the redskins? Patten or Samuels?

Well there, Mr. One Trick Pony, that all depends, doesn't it?

You see, when you make a blanket statement such as which will have the biggest impact, Patten or Samuels, you approach it with the mind of a child who has never seen football and only plays fantasy. You see there are a multitude of factors that you are conveniently ignoring to serve your purpose.

For instance, the quality of backups. This year, Samuels' loss would have more impact because we are deep at WR. Last year, in theory, they could've been roughly equivalent, as we had NO ONE behind Patten on the depth chart. At least maybe Samuels could've had a serviceable backup.

Furthermore, a question like that cannot be answered. We cannot extrapolate how many yards or touchdowns Patten would've had receiving last year or how many sacks allowed or pancakes Samuels' backup would have had.

I never said losing Patten was exactly equal to Dallas losing Flozell Adams. I merely stated that both had a tremendous impact on the output of the offense and it cannot be known that a healthy Adams would have lead to more offensive production than a healthy Patten would have, since both were injured roughly the same length of time and those statistics are immeasurable.

I also never said that losing Patten was equal to losing McNabb. I said that losing Randy Thomas could be compared to losing McNabb. Anyone who has ever watched the last few games of Washington's season that actually has a non-Redskins-rival driven brain would tell you that.

You just put words in my mouth. Don't try that again, it might backfire like this just did.

Archived