• @ Eagles
    • @ Buccaneers
    • vs. Panthers
    • vs. Falcons
    • vs. Eagles
    • @ Saints
    • @ Rams
    • vs. Giants

Just read Adam Sheflers idiot article/column on NFL.com and I must say that police should raid his house: he is on drugs.

He says that Roddy White is poised for a breakout season after catching 29 passes last year. TWENTY NINE passes suddenly has given Adam some sort of clue that a breakout season is about to occur. Meanwhile Brandon Lloyd caught nearly 20 more passes, 300 more yards, and 2 more TD's, but for some reason Lloyd has been not deemed worthy to have a possible breakout season.

Here are the stats:

Lloyd 16 games started 48 catches 733 yds 5 TD's

White 16 games started 29 catches 446 yds 3 TD's

Now where in these stats would any sane or sober analyst believe that White has a better chance at a breakout season that Lloyd?

Someone please call the police. A drug raid will turn something up at Adams house.

Maybe he allready considers Lloyd broken out? I think you are reading a bit too much into one random sleeper pick...

Yeah, I agree. If Lloyd and White both have big years, White will definitely have had more of a "breakout" season since he has not really done anything to this point. Lloyd could have a great season but it won't really be a "breakout" season since he's already started to make a name for himself.

If anything you would pick breakout seasons based on people with talent, who did not put up big numbers the year before. People are ALWAYS saying this is the year that Vick finally gets used to the NFL and learns how to throw the ball for more than 125 yards a game. BL was THE go to guy in SF and made a bunch of sick catches, and this year about 5 of them made SC top 10, I think he had 2 in one game against the G-Men. Now he is the #2, and hopefully will get a lot of catches early to free up Santana, but I think he will be asked to do a LOT of different things, such as be a go to guy on possession routes on 3rd and medium. One thing about our WR corp that I find odd, is that we are short and quick, but not neccesarily really fast. At least when I think about Moss and ARE, their strengths lie more in accecleration and agility (ability to make people miss in open field, get up field quickly after wr screen, and to be able to get open on quick slants) Although Santana was able to be very effective in the begining of the season (dallas game) at burning DBs deep, I don't think that as an athelete compared to the rest of the NFl that it is his specialty. Also an interesting note is that when we had Coles and Gardner, we had a guy with a really high top speed to strech the field vertically, and a big possesion WR for short passes and passes over the middle, but they were TERRIBLE. One thing about having all these playmakers in the WR corp is that I hope it opens up CP to break some home runs like his first carry as a skin, which I have been waiting for, and I feel like he will last longer as that type of a back instead of a workhorse running riggo style behind psuedo hogs.

Just read Adam Sheflers idiot article/column on NFL.com and I must say that police should raid his house: he is on drugs.

He says that Roddy White is poised for a breakout season after catching 29 passes last year. TWENTY NINE passes suddenly has given Adam some sort of clue that a breakout season is about to occur. Meanwhile Brandon Lloyd caught nearly 20 more passes, 300 more yards, and 2 more TD's, but for some reason Lloyd has been not deemed worthy to have a possible breakout season.

Here are the stats:

Lloyd 16 games started 48 catches 733 yds 5 TD's

White 16 games started 29 catches 446 yds 3 TD's

Now where in these stats would any sane or sober analyst believe that White has a better chance at a breakout season that Lloyd?

Someone please call the police. A drug raid will turn something up at Adams house.

"Cest-la-vie", time will tell, I have faith in Brandon !!! :)

Yeah, I agree. If Lloyd and White both have big years, White will definitely have had more of a "breakout" season since he has not really done anything to this point. Lloyd could have a great season but it won't really be a "breakout" season since he's already started to make a name for himself.
Good observation !!! :)

If anything you would pick breakout seasons based on people with talent, who did not put up big numbers the year before. People are ALWAYS saying this is the year that Vick finally gets used to the NFL and learns how to throw the ball for more than 125 yards a game. BL was THE go to guy in SF and made a bunch of sick catches, and this year about 5 of them made SC top 10, I think he had 2 in one game against the G-Men. Now he is the #2, and hopefully will get a lot of catches early to free up Santana, but I think he will be asked to do a LOT of different things, such as be a go to guy on possession routes on 3rd and medium. One thing about our WR corp that I find odd, is that we are short and quick, but not neccesarily really fast. At least when I think about Moss and ARE, their strengths lie more in accecleration and agility (ability to make people miss in open field, get up field quickly after wr screen, and to be able to get open on quick slants) Although Santana was able to be very effective in the begining of the season (dallas game) at burning DBs deep, I don't think that as an athelete compared to the rest of the NFl that it is his specialty. Also an interesting note is that when we had Coles and Gardner, we had a guy with a really high top speed to strech the field vertically, and a big possesion WR for short passes and passes over the middle, but they were TERRIBLE. One thing about having all these playmakers in the WR corp is that I hope it opens up CP to break some home runs like his first carry as a skin, which I have been waiting for, and I feel like he will last longer as that type of a back instead of a workhorse running riggo style behind psuedo hogs.
I detect a lot of pessimism here, brr !!! :(

the sick catches are nice, whatever he does to help the team win , I'm all for.
You have an interesting way of expressing yourself, however I understand your candor. The skins did their "homework on Brandon and I think you will be surprised of his abilities. If you notice, the Skins are forming a team that is similar to the "87" squad which was deemed as being the "greatest" redskins team, and they are doing it "piece by piece" !! :)

One thing about our WR corp that I find odd, is that we are short and quick, but not neccesarily really fast. At least when I think about Moss and ARE, their strengths lie more in accecleration and agility (ability to make people miss in open field, get up field quickly after wr screen, and to be able to get open on quick slants) Although Santana was able to be very effective in the begining of the season (dallas game) at burning DBs deep, I don't think that as an athelete compared to the rest of the NFl that it is his specialty. Also an interesting note is that when we had Coles and Gardner, we had a guy with a really high top speed to strech the field vertically, and a big possesion WR for short passes and passes over the middle, but they were TERRIBLE.

Dxtrmanlee, drugs are a terrible thing:doh: I would completely disagree, speed is Moss' speciality, along with his quickness and agility. The man is fast everywhere, he's just not 6'3, his only "drawback". He is the epitome of a speed receiver.

One thing about our WR corp that I find odd, is that we are short and quick, but not neccesarily really fast. At least when I think about Moss and ARE, their strengths lie more in accecleration and agility (ability to make people miss in open field, get up field quickly after wr screen, and to be able to get open on quick slants) Although Santana was able to be very effective in the begining of the season (dallas game) at burning DBs deep, I don't think that as an athelete compared to the rest of the NFl that it is his specialty. Also an interesting note is that when we had Coles and Gardner, we had a guy with a really high top speed to strech the field vertically, and a big possesion WR for short passes and passes over the middle, but they were TERRIBLE. One thing about having all these playmakers in the WR corp is that I hope it opens up CP to break some home runs like his first carry as a skin, which I have been waiting for, and I feel like he will last longer as that type of a back instead of a workhorse running riggo style behind psuedo hogs.

You're kidding, right? Coles was billed as a burner, but he couldn't outrun anybody. He couldn't outrun Joe Salavea's grandmother. Maybe it was the toe, but his speed was paltry by his last season here--by that point, Jacobs was our fastest guy. Hell, even on the bubble screens (the same bubble screens on which Moss ripped off massive gains), Coles could juke the first guy, but would always get tracked down in pursuit.

Santana Moss was so effective last year precisely because he had truly intimidating speed. Go ahead and poll NFL DBs and see who they are most wary of on deep routes. Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Randy Moss, and perhaps Chad Johnson, in some order.

ARE and Lloyd are legitimate deep threats as well. Even if they don't have that elite top gear, they still have real speed (way more than Rod Effing Gardner).

Yeah, it's hard to say Lloyd'll have a breakout season when he was the #1 receiver in SF and now he'll be at best #2 in the Skins offense.

This is the voice of reason. It is going to be hard for Lloyd to have exceptional numbers playing opposite of Moss. Add to that the abilities of Cooley and Portis to run short routes, Lloyd will be hard pressed to have what the media would consider a break out season.

I had a roommate who was a 49ers fan who was pissed when we gave up Lloyd. I think that he was underutilized in San Fran by a lot. He had terrible QB's and no second receiver, and he still made circus catches and showed his talent.

He's young, he's super talented and he's got Santana, Portis, and Rande-El around him.

He will get single coverage every play, from a second or third corner, so he'll likely be open a lot more than in San Fran. How many balls he catches depends on how many times Brunell can get him the ball.

i think that he will be the bigger offensive force between him and Randel-El. Randel El will be vertsitile and help special teams and offense a lot, but I think that Lloyd will flourish in the Reggie Wayne mold (provided Brunell or Campbell can get the job done this year).

Maybe he allready considers Lloyd broken out? I think you are reading a bit too much into one random sleeper pick...

absolutely. i mean, can someone in the media say something GOOD about someone who is not a skins fan without you freaking out and viewing it as a jab against the skins? there are 32 teams in the NFL. We're only one of them. get over yourself.

absolutely. i mean, can someone in the media say something GOOD about someone who is not a skins fan without you freaking out and viewing it as a jab against the skins? there are 32 teams in the NFL. We're only one of them. get over yourself.

Mr. talk show host, I am not over myself. I never will be.

HOWEVER, I must have a different perspective than you do, because I don't know how 29 receptions can give anyone a perception that a breakout season can occur. Perhaps you have just feel that Roddy White is an all pro waiting to happen, thats fine. Yu can feel that way, but that is a FEELING, and that has no basis in reality.

If I was looking for someone with potential for a breakout season it would be someone who was being held back, and just needed more opportunity. Thats the Brandon Lloyd scenario. He hasn't had a breakoout season, I have no idea what some of you people are talking about.

Some of you are under the impression that a player can catch less than 50 passes and he has had a BREAKOUT season? Give me a break. I think there is a lot of evidence to suggest that Lloyd could catch more passes than Santan Moss this season. Why? Because Moss will be double teamed, especially when he plays the Cowboys. Because Moss will always get the #1 corner and Lloyd will get the leftovers. Because Moss could catch 3 passes for 100 yards but Lloyd will catch 5 or 6 passes, because Lloyd will always receive less attention. Lloyd will be the underneath guy and the underneath receiver will catch more passes than the deep guy.

Gary Clark was the most dangerous receiver we had at one point, but Art Monk is the all time leading Skins receiver, because he was the UNDERNEATH guy. Look for Brandon Lloyd to fill that role on this team.

It doesn't take a genius to look at last years stats and project the same stats for everybody. Thats what most of you are doing. You are projecting Moss to have 80 catches and Lloyd to have about 40-50. Thats not going to happen due to the changes that I have just outlined. I would even say that its possible that Moss may only catch 60 balls this year, although his average per catch might go up.

Cooley could catch 80 balls, Portis could run for 2000 yards and A.R.E could end up catching 50 balls. Any number of things will affect Moss and his total receptions but at any rate Brandon Lloyd is the biggest receiver we have and he is the possession receiver that many teams will ignore and overlook.

That of course is just my opinion and my assessment, but it just seems logical that we didn't trade TWO draft picks for Brandon and pay him BIG bucks with his new contract just to have him catch 40 balls.

Roddy White probably will have a breakout season. Who threw to him last year? Who will throw to him this year? It's that simple. That being said, I'm extremely excited about Lloyd and I think he is going to have a fantastic season. I love moss and randel el, but from a purely receiver perspective, I'm the most excited about what Lloyd is going to do for us on offense. I think he's going to make the biggest impact among our new players.

I think the only justification is that White will be the first passing option in the Falcon's gameplan, so therefore it makes a little sense. I don't see it b/c you've got a quarterback that isn't built to throw a ton of yards in Vick. So, I think Lloyd being a second option has a better chance to have more yards/TDS.

HTTR!

Archived