Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins in Headcoach game

headhunter39

They're definitely tough to trade with. I've tried some deals that I thought were pretty realistic, only to have them all shot down. I tried to get rid of Arrington (after getting him up to an overall 97 in practice) but couldn't. Kinda frustrating.

And somebody else mentioned this in another thread I saw somewhere, but Gregg Williams is an overall 56. WTF?

They're definitely tough to trade with. I've tried some deals that I thought were pretty realistic, only to have them all shot down. I tried to get rid of Arrington (after getting him up to an overall 97 in practice) but couldn't. Kinda frustrating.

And somebody else mentioned this in another thread I saw somewhere, but Gregg Williams is an overall 56. WTF?

yeah i tried trading for lloyd, but the 49ers hadnt resigned him yet(rfa) and then i tried trading arrington for arch but the gm asked if i was joking

yeah i tried trading for lloyd, but the 49ers hadnt resigned him yet(rfa) and then i tried trading arrington for arch but the gm asked if i was joking

Me too. I was trying to get ARE. I offered Arrington and a 2nd rounder (more than fair IMO) and got the same response.

Overall though, I like the game a lot. I've seen a lot of people complaining about different aspects, but I think it's very detailed and at least semi-realistic.

Me too. I was trying to get ARE. I offered Arrington and a 2nd rounder (more than fair IMO) and got the same response.

Overall though, I like the game a lot. I've seen a lot of people complaining about different aspects, but I think it's very detailed and at least semi-realistic.

well its good that u like the game, because ive been waiting for it to be in blockbuster but it never came. so today i bought it, then i went to blockbuster to get a movie and the game was there. so if its good then i didnt waste 32 bucks.

well its good that u like the game, because ive been waiting for it to be in blockbuster but it never came. so today i bought it, then i went to blockbuster to get a movie and the game was there. so if its good then i didnt waste 32 bucks.

I just got it last night myself, so I haven't gotten too far. But it kept me up until 4 a.m., so that's a good sign. :)

I was able to trade Arrington and Jimmy Farris and my 1st rd pick to the 49ers for the #7 overall and Lloyd

Oh and with the 7th pick, I chose Reggie Bush even though my scout wanted me to draft Greenwood. :silly:

I was able to get ARE, Carter, and Archuleta. I got Deion Branch instead of Lloyd because I didn't want to give up a pick to sign Lloyd as a RFA. I didn't bother trying for Collins or Fauria because I picked Young and Davis (makes a killer combo with Cooley in double TE and can play WR as well) in the draft.

Here's what I did, but keep in mind that some would say that this is the cheesy way to go and defeats the spirit of the game (to which I say, fair critism, but I want my new skins signings). Also, there could be a bit of randomness to what computer would be willing to accept in a trade.

Save two days before resign own free agent period ends. The day before the end of resigning period is when the computer sims and finalizes who was resigned and who isn't. In my experience, ARE doesn't get resigned about 10% of the time. Just keep simming until ARE is not resigned (or Carter or Archuleta). In my sim, both ARE and Branch was available, so I picked up Branch instead of Lloyd (I would imagine you can trade Branch for Lloyd later or you could offer Lloyd a contract and pay the price of RFA).

Now, there were several good free agents I signed and traded to acquire Carter, Archuleta, and the draft picks. The flaw of the free agent system is that you are able to sign free agents for minimum signing bonus (10K) a year with slight increase in salary. Thus, you are able to sign and trade with little impact in cap space for the future. After all the sign and trade, I had 5 million in dead space for 2nd season and 13 million in dead space for 3rd season (mostly due to Lavar).

Lavar + W. Holdman + Dan Neil = 1st overall + 5th round from Houston

1st overal = 3rd overall + 3rd round pick from Tennessee

Kevin Mawae + Hugh Douglas + Rex Tucker = Adam Archuleta + 3rd round

Chris Terry + Cory Raymer + Matt Bowen = Andre Carter

Jeff Saturday + Jimmy Smith + Mike Compton = 10th overall + 4th round

Keep in mind that a high 3rd round pick is enough to get McIntosh. (Saints sometimes get him first).

You may have to mess around with the above, depending on which guys are available in free agency. The basic idea is sign and trade.

Now, if you want the authentic experience, then I suggest you don't do this. You can instead sim until two of the big three signings become available and trade Lavar to get the other (I think chances of all three big signings becoming available in free agency is very remote, but you are welcome to try). Then you can sign Lloyd as a RFA, but I think the Niners tag him with the first round tender, if not first and third.

Lastly, if you have the game for the PC, head over to www.football-freaks.com and download the HCsettings program to fiddle with the quarter length, difficulties, sliders, etc. The game on the standard setting is way too easy. Much better experience to play on all madden with the interception turned way down.

Hope these stuff helps.

i just got carter by trading harris and stoutmire

I think I traded Harris in a package with other players to get a mid first rounder (not sure). I wanted to keep Stoutmire for depth, but in retrospect, Harris and Stoutmire may be a better trade. Anyway, the Niners seem to want secondary help in their trade.

Archived