Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's the Most Physical Redskin?

Diehard Otis

I'll give Mr. Portis #2 for that hit. That was my favorite play of the 05 season. Knocked him out cold then stood over him and tried to help him up. Quarles was not yet ready to get up, he was staggering around and Portis slaps him on the butt and said something to him...it was captured brilliantly on NFL Game of the Week. Portis was on the sideline jawing it up to his boys, "Did you see me put him to sleep? He was sleepin' out there!". Classic Southeast Jerome action.

Post of the day for me. "Clintone Pohtees" brings it like no other. I've never seen a RB put a LB to sleep in the NFL before that hit. Blocked, yes. Sleep, heck no. He was like " You see me? I put him to Sleeeeup!" thats right "Coach Giiiiiyubs!"

Clintone fo Prez!!!

GC

Here we go. But you asked....

First, yes to Sean Taylor and Alvin Walton as prototypical Gibbs' physical players.

Also, Kenny Houston.

And Lavar Arrington ...who loves tackling high and twisting his opponent head first into the turf.

Normally, tacklers are taught to hit low (wrap knees, etc.) but when you're 255 lbs with great upper body strength, "freelance" tackling produces turnovers and physically-spent opponents.

Last year, the SF QB couldn't play the week after (due to an Arrington hit). LA also gave Shaun Alexander a mild concussion (knee to helmet).

Even though I'm not convinced he was the toughest, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Sam Huff....

Also we gotta give props to Slingin' Sammy.... He played offense, defense, and special teams. Doesn't get much tougher than that!!!

Current: Sean Taylor gives out the big hits. He is a complete freak. Playing football in high school, I know how hard hits can be. Just imagine Taylor flying towards like a missile.

Former: Gus Freotte: That wall is still regretting giving him the wrong look...

come on man, that wall kicked his ass :laugh:

Even though I'm not convinced he was the toughest, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Sam Huff....

Also we gotta give props to Slingin' Sammy.... He played offense, defense, and special teams. Doesn't get much tougher than that!!!

Ya, I hear and good post with a great point. Physical and tough are 2 different things like speed vs football speed. When it comes to the toughest: And I emphasize visibly tough, my current would be Santana Moss...he's the toughest WR in the league to cover one-on-one. Actually, I would say it's virtually impossible because of the way he uses speed and manipulates (takes advantage) his cuts and coming out of breaks, based on the play.

Have you ever seen him run an intermediate route, where he puts a double move on the defender? Well, it's like watching Allen Iverson or Sam Cassel do a crossover on the basketball court. Santana has to be the toughest, not only on the Redskins but in the entire league, at how he manipulates all his tools to get open. If you get a chance come out and watch Santana run routes during training camp.

You can get a real appreciation watching him in practice because during the game everythings moving fast, but, yes, Santana is more than 2 steps ahead in the game, too. It's just more noticeable in practice of how quick he truely is. Describing Santana's route running as a blink of an eye is probably way too slow. He's more like "Lightning capitalized" But my current toughest also puts Portis and Sellers right up there when it comes to being tough to tackle. Current top 3: Moss, Portis and Sellers.

Most Physical ever, yes, Sammy Baugh. Current: Sean Taylor hands down and I mean all the way down! Currently we have 28 days and the war drums start beating on the path to Super Bowl XLI.

:munchout:

Archived