Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moment #2: Longest FG in Skins History

Nice clip.. I have no idea why I don't remember that FG...

Anyways.. I'll be really impressed if you can find and post Joey T's 1 career punt, for 1 net yard.. It was against the Bears and I can't remember what year it was.. 83 or 84?

Thanks for your expertise !!

No problem.....my knowledge knows no limits. :silly:

Okay, to tell the truth, I looked it up on NFL.com.

Why was Cox kicking when Mosley was on the team?

Cox was the long range kicker. Moseley's leg wasn't what it once was at this point in his career. In fact his Redskin career would last only two more games after this game against the Seahawks.

Nice clip.. I have no idea why I don't remember that FG...

Anyways.. I'll be really impressed if you can find and post Joey T's 1 career punt, for 1 net yard.. It was against the Bears and I can't remember what year it was.. 83 or 84?

Sorry, can't help you with that one. That took place during the Bears game of 1985 and we got so thoroughly whipped that I didn't keep the game at the time and I have no desire to acquire it.

Here's Steve Cox's team record setting FG in a game against the Seahawks in 1986.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HijDmVriUIA

Nice Video! I was at that game with my Dad. I never understood why Cox couldn't kick the short ones.

After Mosley, they had The Shiek, Jess Atkinson, and a host of others kicking extra points and shorter field goals before drafting Chipper.

Thank again! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Its saying the video has been removed by the user :(

I know.

Dang there were some good highlights on there that were recently removed.

Will have to visit this forum more often...it often gets overlooked. I love to see vintage clips!

:point2sky

Archived