Next Fan View.  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Next Fan View.

• Name change article.
    • Team chemistry.
    • You pick something else more cool.

Redskins | Portis looking forward to 2006

Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:24:02 -0700

Michael C. Wright, of the Daily Press, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis can't wait for the 2006 season to start. "I have to hit some home runs before these people write me off saying I can't do it anymore," Portis said. "I'm looking forward to a couple of 90 yarders this year." With deceptive spread formations and a plethora of gadget plays, offensive coordinator Al Saunders' offense provides Portis the perfect opportunity to regain the reputation he built in Denver as a big-play threat. "You can't put eight people in the box. If you do, we will bomb you. You would rather give me 20 or 30 (yards) than give them 80," Portis said. Combine that logic with Saunders' history of producing top-notch running backs and you'll see why Portis is so giddy about the upcoming season. Portis bulked up last season to fit into head coach Joe Gibbs' power running attack. Now he's trying to trim down to become more of a homerun threat.

Redskins | Frost battling Lonie at punter

Mon, 19 Jun 2006 05:40:32 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/191">Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins P Derrick Frost will face training camp competition from rookie P David Lonie. "We have to be in the top 10," special teams coach Danny Smith said. "Our coverage is outstanding (second in the NFL last year), but we need to punt the ball a little better. I'm anxious to see where we can bring Derrick to now that we've had him a whole year." Frost radically changed his offseason routine, punting nearly half as much as normal.

Redskins | Hall hoping surgery has him on track

Mon, 19 Jun 2006 05:35:10 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/191">Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins PK John Hall is hoping surgery in January has him on the right track to a healthy 2006 season. Hall felt his problem was more complex than a quadriceps or groin injury and an evaluation late last season confirmed Hall's suspicions. Hall's surgery repaired muscles that were detached from his pelvis and another muscle he said was "frayed like a rope." Because of those injuries, Hall was overcompensating on his right side, which was a likely source of his hamstring (2004) and quadriceps (2005) ailments. Hall did little kicking during the minicamp, which was by design. During traning camp, Hall will be challenged for his job by PK Tyler Jones. Asked if Hall would have to be markedly outperformed because he's the incumbent, special teams coach Danny Smith said: "Once they're on the field, it's competition and it doesn't really matter where they've come from, who they are or what their credentials are. We'll keep the best guy, period."

There were a couple more, but mainly stuff already talked about.....Holdman, Campbell learning, Feener leaves practice early

Does anyone think this Tyler Jones kid really has a shot to beat Hall? Once we signed Hall I said we finally have answered our kicking woes, well not even close. Any scoop on the Jones kid would be appreciated, I seen where he hit 9 of 12 FG's in Europe and was very good at kickoffs, his team was 2nd best in kickoff coverage which means that he at least is getting some hangtime.

Frost battling Lonie will be an interesting outcome.
I screamed at least a dozen times last year..."Is this the best we can come up with"

I thought for sure we would workout about 5 punters from off the streets, hell 4 of the 5 would probably be better....:laugh:

Hopefully Frost has improved dramtically and the Aussie will push him...Competition is always good, even for punters

Yeah Hallsy is gonna return to form this year. Dude is as tough an SOB as there is at Kicker.

Frost drove me insane also, but remember he was only 1 year out of college last year. I think he's like sean taylor's age, so his improvement may very well be exponential.

I like the Lonie kid though, sounds like he has power and can even place kick effectively in a pinch.

RB Clinton Portis can't wait for the 2006 season to start. "I have to hit some home runs before these people write me off saying I can't do it anymore,"

Does anyone else think he's hinting about how the media is treating Brunell now?

Yeah Hallsy is gonna return to form this year. Dude is as tough an SOB as there is at Kicker.

Frost drove me insane also, but remember he was only 1 year out of college last year. I think he's like sean taylor's age, so his improvement may very well be exponential.

I like the Lonie kid though, sounds like he has power and can even place kick effectively in a pinch.

didnt hall takle someone last year?

or was that frost?

Redskins | Portis looking forward to 2006

Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:24:02 -0700

Michael C. Wright, of the Daily Press, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis can't wait for the 2006 season to start. "I have to hit some home runs before these people write me off saying I can't do it anymore," Portis said. "I'm looking forward to a couple of 90 yarders this year." With deceptive spread formations and a plethora of gadget plays, offensive coordinator Al Saunders' offense provides Portis the perfect opportunity to regain the reputation he built in Denver as a big-play threat. "You can't put eight people in the box. If you do, we will bomb you. You would rather give me 20 or 30 (yards) than give them 80," Portis said. Combine that logic with Saunders' history of producing top-notch running backs and you'll see why Portis is so giddy about the upcoming season. Portis bulked up last season to fit into head coach Joe Gibbs' power running attack. Now he's trying to trim down to become more of a homerun threat.

Anyone else get a chill run through them after reading that?

"I have to hit some home runs before these people write me off saying I can't do it anymore," Portis said

Exactly who is writing CP off? And why aren't they taking their meds?

Portis is a beast, he plays with real heart and is a helluva blocker. We're lucky to have gotten him out of the Champ deal.

Exactly who is writing CP off? And why aren't they taking their meds?

Portis is a beast, he plays with real heart and is a helluva blocker. We're lucky to have gotten him out of the Champ deal.

Other than Czaban when he forgets to take his psych meds, nobody.

I think Portis has always had people tell him he can't do it his whole life, kinda like Gilbert Arenas - now he has to manufacture stuff like that to keep himself motivated.

Nobody was saying that stuff, except maybe sour grapes Denver Media...

Archived