Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Live In Wilmington NC?

rm8899

I'm moving to Wilmington, NC from the DC area for college and wondering if anyone here knows any redskin bars in the area? i know the area used to be a big redskins town before the panthers. i won't have DirectTV so that leaves out the NFL ticket. anyways i'll probably end up scoping the area for somewhere to watch the games if all else fails. help me please!!

Well, Break Time is a good sports bar, but it's the Steeler's fan club base. However the owner's wife is a Skins fan, so if the Steelers aren't playing they will be on. Even if the Steelers are playing they have multiple LCD monitors at the bar.

There are two Buffalo Wild Wings here, one about a mile from UNCW and I think they carry Skins games. As you know, it's Panthers country, so it's all a timing thing.

Someone told me there was a bar here that had a Skins fan club, but I can't remember what it was. Call around when you get here.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance, but I haven't watched an entire game in a bar since I got the ticket probably 10 years ago.

Thanks for the information 21KO.

My pleasure.

If you make it to Break Time, tell 'em "Chewy" sent you. My nickname. Holly (gorgeous bartender with long blonde hair-you can't miss her) is the owner's wife and she has an authentic Darrell Green I've been trying to get from her to no avail. I don't care if it won't fit, I want it on my wall. :laugh:

One of these guys should invite you over to watch.

Now that would be ideal.

But you have to bring the beer.

Jeez, no way my wife would be able to tolerate more than one person screaming at the tv. She barely tolerates me.

Good luck in Wilmington. Instead of making a new thread, I thought I would ask this here. I don't have Direct TV, but with Time Warner Cable can I get something along the lines of NFL Ticket or will I just choose to get Skins games?

I'm moving to Wilmington, NC from the DC area for college and wondering if anyone here knows any redskin bars in the area? i know the area used to be a big redskins town before the panthers. i won't have DirectTV so that leaves out the NFL ticket. anyways i'll probably end up scoping the area for somewhere to watch the games if all else fails. help me please!!

Welcome to Wilmington. I just graduated from UNCW myself. There are several sports bars in the area and it's just a matter of getting there early and having an employee put on the 'skins game for you. Try out:

Fibber Mcgee's

The Copper Penny (supposedly an Eagles place, but lots of 'skins fans last year)

Wild Wing Cafe

Buffalo Wild Wings (The one near the college is creeping with Panthers fans though)

Slick and Red's Saloon (seedy, but this is where I usually watch 'skins games at. There were a group of rowdy Redskins fans that would show up here like every other week last season and I expect them to be back again.)

Hope this helps.

I think we need to organize all of the ES members in Wilmington and meet somewhere every week for the games next season.

Let me know if any of you are interested. I'll bring this up again closer to the start of the season.

:cheers:

Archived