Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Solution for long distance skins fans

CurseReversed

I know I heard a few people mention this on this site but I was not sure it got the publicity it needed. Recently I heard a skins fan from England ask Larry on the radio broadcast about games being shown on the internet. There is this new device called a sling box ( www.slingmedia.com ) which enables one to view cable television from anywhere in the world as long as you have high speed internet. I was with a friend yesterday when he bought one and helped him hook it up, I must say it was rather easy and seemed to work fine. What you have to do is hook it up to a cable box of any kind and then to a router, and from there you can watch the cable being broacasted to that box from anywhere on the internet. I hooked it up to his DVR cable box and then proceeded to watch his television from our office with the same control one would have sitting in front of his TV with the remote. I even ordered Entourage from his on demand and watched it at my office PC. Too sweet if you ask me, I hope this helps anybody who might be worried about missing some games this season.

hey guys i live in france and am french but i lived in maryland from 94 to 01. im a die hard skins fan and i always try to watch SKINS GAMES. I've heard about the slingbox but i think in only works if you plug it to someones tv located in the us. But imagine on gameday if the guy in the us is watching something else than the game on his tv than i won't be able to watch. That's what i un derstood on the slingmedia site(when they say only one user at a time). If somebody understood it differently then please say it because i'm going back to MD this summer and buy one if it works.

Archived