Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington vs. Lewis

Luca Brasi

Originally posted by Skins56

I heard Sam and Sonny say that Arrington and Lewis were on the sidelines screaming at each other yesterday. Has anyone heard any other comments on this? I'm very curious to find out what was said.

They asked LeVar about this after the game and his response was basically that the encounter was "in the heat of the moment" and "thats what happens when you're frustrated and performing the way you want". I'm paraphrasing but he gave the standard response, downplaying the sitation. I hope this is just one of things that happen when a team is losing...

One thing I saw was from Lewis who said, as a paraphrase, "We have to get this fixed. Even if we need to put on boxing gloves. It has to get fixed." This says to me they may need to get into a room and yell and fight a little at each other. I will say this for Lewis. He did stop using Lavar as a DE for much of the latter portion of the game. He might have lined him up, but he'd drop him into coverage, or have him pop outside with someone else filling the hole he'd been leaving. In that small regard he did offer a change up some.

Originally posted by Art

One thing I saw was from Lewis who said, as a paraphrase, "We have to get this fixed. Even if we need to put on boxing gloves. It has to get fixed." This says to me they may need to get into a room and yell and fight a little at each other. I will say this for Lewis. He did stop using Lavar as a DE for much of the latter portion of the game. He might have lined him up, but he'd drop him into coverage, or have him pop outside with someone else filling the hole he'd been leaving. In that small regard he did offer a change up some.

Probably won't help.....look at Cincy....Frerotte held a players-only meeting and pointed a finger at himself. Apparently, it didn't help at all. Atlanta squashed them!

M. Lewis is not listening and WON'T listen to his players. He's arrogant and that makes him blind. He will go to the grave believing he's right, when, in fact, he's not utilizing his talent correctly.

GoSkins.....how do you know this? are you there at team mtgs? do you have a personal history with ML that makes you an unqualified expert? face it....none of us knows what is going on behind the scenes. who is performing and who isn't. who has a clue and who doesn't. how ml interacts and communicates with the players. i can recall from past interviews that the b-more players loved the interaction with ml - and they listened. the jury is still out. you have to give this a full season before complaining. christ - the man hasn't even had a stable d-line to work with and the front office did a miserable job (over several years) rebuilding the d-line.

Archived