Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Hoax, sorry - Cell phone numbers being released to Telemarketing Companies

gortiz

Just got this email

JUST A REMINDER

4 days from today, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to Receive sales calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS!

These telemarketers will eat up your free minutes and end up costing you money in the long run.

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

You MUST call from the phone you want to register !!!

You can also register at https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

I will be a jerk off and I made sure to state it so you wont have to make any assumptions.

from the link you provide under the more information section

that is all, thank you

Well now, look whos crap doesn't stink? :silly:

I've seen this one before, but it wouldn't really make that much of a difference to me either way. There are probably less than 25 people out there who actually have my cell number. When the phone rings, if I don't recognize the number and/or it isn't in my directory, I don't answer the phone and hit the "decline" key. If it really is someone who needs to talk to me they can leave me a voice mail and their number will be added to my directory.

I've seen this one before, but it wouldn't really make that much of a difference to me either way. There are probably less than 25 people out there who actually have my cell number. When the phone rings, if I don't recognize the number and/or it isn't in my directory, I don't answer the phone and hit the "decline" key. If it really is someone who needs to talk to me they can leave me a voice mail and their number will be added to my directory.

You know to be honest, I don't know why I was pressed about this either, like you I never answer my cell unless its my wife. In fact, I have had family and friends call me today and I just look at the phone and hit busy. I hate talking on the phone.

Archived