Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL European farm teams and international NFL competition

posse87

NFL Europe would be more interesting if the teams were owned/associated by a specific NFL team. That way, as fans, we could get more excited about watching NFL Europe if we knew that a particular team had all redskin "minor leaguers" that the skins had exclusive rights to rather than having them spread out throughout all the teams in NFL Europe. In addition, the NFL would be even more exciting in the years to come if it expanded NFL teams and divisions to other areas of the world and international competition came into play with a world bowl championship. We could even name the new trophy after Gibbs once he wins his fourth superbowl. j/k

32 watered down European teams, no thanks.

However I do like the idea of all Redskins on one team.

The idea would be to start with 1 international division with 4 teams and expand from there. You would expand slowly and insure quality teams that could compete just like the expansion teams we have in the NFL currently; they would just be international. You could still keep NFL Europe in its current format but just with all skins being on a single team, all Giants being on another, etc, as farm teams for the big leagues. I think that would peak the interest of all NFL fans if you identified a particular NFL Europe team with a particular big League NFL team from the states and make it more interesting for us to watch in the offseason.

Jason Nyris, Bryson Spinner, Tyler Lenda, Jared Newberry, and Jerome Nichols all played in the World Bowl and all have passed through the Redskins in the last two years.

Re-read what I am saying. I know we have players who have passed through NFL Europe, but it would be much more interesting to watch a particular NFL Europe team if all of the players were under exclusive rights to the skins. How much more excited would we be if the NFL Europe Champs were all skins who could be brought in for tryouts in training camp.

The other part of my idea would be to have an international NFL expansion division that competed with the rest of the NFL for a "world championship." At first they wouldn't be that competitive, but with time and the proper management, they could become competitive like Carolina or Jacksonville increasing worldwide football populartity and bring football to an international stage.

Posse,

Interesting point....several years ago I posted an idea whose time may have come. The NFL has just announced expansion of NFLE by two teams.

I proposed that each of the eight teams be "Owned" by a NFL division, ie the NFC East owns the Frankfurt Galaxy. Then all players from that team would be from the four NFC East teams. We'd have a rooting interest and the ability to focus on our and our greatest competitors' youngsters. I'm sure that US ratings would improve by measurable margins. Players would bond and have the fun competition of "See you in September" with their team-mates.

I hope this message gets to Dan so he can talk it up in the Owner's meetings.

Posse,

Interesting point....several years ago I posted an idea whose time may have come. The NFL has just announced expansion of NFLE by two teams.

I proposed that each of the eight teams be "Owned" by a NFL division, ie the NFC East owns the Frankfurt Galaxy. Then all players from that team would be from the four NFC East teams. We'd have a rooting interest and the ability to focus on our and our greatest competitors' youngsters. I'm sure that US ratings would improve by measurable margins. Players would bond and have the fun competition of "See you in September" with their team-mates.

I hope this message gets to Dan so he can talk it up in the Owner's meetings.

Right on brother. Lets also hope for international expansion of the big league. Football World cup here we come. How great to expand Football in to other countries like Soccer expanded into the US.

Archived