Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Book Recommendation: "Shadow Divers" by Robert Kurson

jrockster21

This is an amazing book -- one that I absolutely could not put down. Its the story of these divers that discover a WWII U-Boat of the coast of New Jersey, and their subsequent attempts to identify it. From the front cover:

The true adventure of two Americans who risked everything to solve one of the last mysteries of World War II

If you are into scuba diving, this is a must-read book.

If you are a history buff or WWII enthusiast, this is a must-read book.

If you are into thrillers, this is a must-read book.

The writing is superb, and it reads like a movie. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hollywood take a crack at it...the story is that enthralling. 5 Stars for this one!

"I wish I had more hands, so I could give this book four thumbs up!!" :laugh:

0375508589.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Michael Crichton novel State of Fear, about global warming (great adventure, great discussion much de-bunking) was cool mind-candy. But even better for that was two Koontz books, “Odd Thomas" (touching) and “Strangers" (very cool).

Its weird but with all reading I have to do professionally or related, I hadn’t been pleasure-reading for a long time and recently have been able to really get back into it.

Really well-written and very funny is “Straight Man” by Richard Russo. He’s the guy who won a Pulitzer for Empire Falls.

Then for something really different, a short, but philosophically rich and spiritually cool ride, try "The Alchemist", by Paul Coelho, a guy nominated for a Nobel Prize for Literature.

Maybe I'll have more later. :D

Archived