Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former Redskin/Actor dies of stroke

Mr_Redskins

Michael “Bear” Taliferro, best known for his role in Eddie Murphy’s “Life,” is dead at 45 from a stroke he suffered last Thursday.

Funeral services are set for tomorrow. A viewing will be held today. A benefit celebration has also been planned at the Comedy Store in West Hollywood. Read on for specifics.

Taliferro parlayed a professional football career into a burgeoning life as an actor in movies and on television. He made his 1990 feature film debut in “The Last Boy Scout”; followed by “Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit”; “Bad Boys” with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence; “A Thin Line Between Love and Hate”, again with Lawrence; “Witch Hunt”, with Dennis Hopper; “Armageddon” and “Life” with Eddie Murphy. On television, Taliferro was seen on "Martin," "The Drew Carey Show," and he had a recurring role on the "Jamie Foxx Show."

A graduate of Texas Christian University, Taliferro was signed by the Washington Redskins in 1984, followed by two seasons in the USFL with the Denver Gold in 1985 and the Arizona Outlaws in 1986, finishing his career with the British Columbia Lions in the Canadian Football League the following year.

Taliferro’s latest projects before his untimely death included the role of Crixus in “3/5 of a Man” starring Ving Rhames and the project “Steppin'” in which he produced and made his directorial debut.

Taliferro leaves behind his fiancée, Cathey L. Tyree and their three children; A grandson; two sisters and a brother.

michael_taliferro(2000-med).jpg

Michael 'Bear' Taliferro

In lieu of flowers please make a donation to the memorial fund for his family and expenses. Send donations to:

Memorial Fund of Michael Taliferro

10 N. Primrose Ave. No. D

Alhambra, CA 91801

The memorial fund has been set up at One United Bank and donations can be made via the internet or mailed to the above address. Please contact Lynn Allen Jeter & Associates at 323-933-8007 or via email at lajass@comcast.net or lajassociates@yahoo.com for additional information.

The Viewing:

Today, Thursday, May 11 from 3 pm until 8 pm

Solomon Mortuary, 10625 South Broadway

Los Angeles CA 90003

323-757-1754

Funeral Service:

Friday, May 12, 2006 @ 1:00 pm

Power of Love Christian Fellowship Church

1430 W. Manchester Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90047

Repast:

Friday, May 12, 2006 @ 2:00 – 5:00 pm

The Savoy, 214 S. La Brea Ave. (on Manchester)

Inglewood, CA 90301

Benefit Celebration:

Wednesday, May 17 from 7 pm to 10 pm at the Comedy Store in West Hollywood. Hosted by Guy Torre and Anthony Anderson. Call 323-656-6225 for more info.

michael_taliferro(001-headshot-med).jpg

Guest santana4prez
ALLLL Man that sucks. RIP. He was good in this movie called Blue Hill Avenue and he was great. I love him in the Replacements. RIP...

What player was he in the replacements? I didnt even know he was a ex-Redskin.

RIP Michael.

Guest santana4prez
He was one of the big o-line men. Actually he may have been the center.

Yeah in the movie I think there were 2 OL that were brothers. He was one of them. I loved the movie The Replacements I should of known it was one of those 2 O-Lineman

Yeah in the movie I think there were 2 OL that were brothers. He was one of them. I loved the movie The Replacements I should of known it was one of those 2 O-Lineman

Correctamundo. Bear played Andre Jackson while Faizon Love played his brother Jamal.

RIP Big Bear.

He was one of the big o-line men. Actually he may have been the center.

They where the guards, He was the one who asked Reeves what was that scent, and told him he liked it after the famous

"We are the guards we protect our QB" car shooting scene

Guest santana4prez

The Replacements was a classic. Its one of those movies you could watch over and over again. The Bar fight was classic followed by the funny Jail scene. I just thought that movie had it all plus it was kinda like the strike year except they made it better by acting like it was near the end of the season. RIP Michael you made people laugh and that is one of the best things you can do for people.

Archived