Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can dems get the conservative vote?

AlexRS

It is. Which is why I have no problem voting libertarian

Who actually in this country DOES share my core beliefs? It sure as hell is not the Democratic party of 2006

That's cool... for a second there I thought you were going to vote against the Democratic party and that's that....

you know, instead of voting for whatever party offers a platform that is closest to your beliefs, or voting for whatever party you think will bring about changes you consider necessary.

Minus the current spending on the war, Johnson was still spending king

Yes, but that was before I was born Sarge, so I could care less what a democrat was back then, politics change and revolve and the party today is not the party of 1965.

Since 1980, we have had a republican in the white house 18 years, and in 16 of those years, the deficit increased. Clinton was the sole democrat and while he was in there, the deficit decreased every year. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who is actually the responsible one with money, in spite of what you have been told your whole life.

People need to stop going by what they are told, and instead go by what they see. Actions SHOULD speak louder then words, but the republicans have shown us the opposite, words are louder then actions, and it matters not what you do, but what you say. Well, it is high time people started paying more attention to politics and their actions, not what they see on a 30 second quip made by a multi-millionare for a multi-millionare.

To me, the deficit is the biggest phony issue in politics. The truth is, deficits can be created very quickly, and reversed very quickly. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid account for 65% of all government spending. As long as nothing is done to fundamentally reform those programs nothing else will matter. Bush's real sin from a fiscal perspective was the Medicare bill. Everything else is peanuts.

I may differ from some conservatives on some of these issues in the the sense that, while I believe very strongly in limited government, the issues of national sovereignty, national security, law enforcement, and social issues weigh far more heavily on my mind right now than fiscal ones. A lot of the economic reforms Reagan put in place have not been undone, but we have been coming apart at the seams as a nation in those other areas since the day Clinton took office, and no one in Washington seems interested in doing anything about it. The immigration issue is the glaring proof that we are being screwed from both sides.

With Clinton's actions, and the failure of the Senate to remove him from office, the Unites States government dealt a crushing blow to the rule of law. That moral failure has seeped into every crack of the political system, and it is exposing itself as we speak in the cavalier attitude of politicians of all stripes towards illegal immigration. That could be expected from the Democrats, who gleefully accepted Clinton's criminal mentality, and have basked in his "victory" of avoiding removal ever since. The Republicans, on the other hand, chickened out and betrayed their principles, and have never gotten them back.

Archived