Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To All Philly Fans...

Larry Brown #43

phanatic, you know you love us.

You post on this board. Redskin fans post on this board.

You check all the pages. Redskin fans check all the pages.

You read the replies. Redskin fans read all the replies.

THEREFORE:

You are a Redskin fan.

No doubt.

You just don't understood that we are a family. We can fuss among ourselves, but no one is allowed to come into our house and fuss with us individually.

As I said before, you are just looking for intelligent life forms. Can't find that on the birds board.

Blondie

Thank you Blondie! I do enjoy reading from this site and debating the plethera of topics within. However, I am a lifelong Eagles fan who will never change and do not see any reason to. Would you have any respect for me if I did? No. Please understand I am only defending the team and city I love. Occasionally I do get roused but only by some of the "more" rediculous posts. I'm just a true fan who loves my team.

Phanatic the Cards won in week two and that is all that mattered. They are obviously not the welcome mat Cincinnatti is and by week 8 of the season, many will know. The Skins encounter a determined and tough NFL competitor in the Cards and Cowboys each year, based on familiarization and division determinations. This is the first year of the alignment and that didn't change the Cards attitude to lay it all on the field.

The rest of the schedule tells me each week, the Skins are going to encounter a team needing to bounce back or being a intense must win situation. This will temper the Skins into the competitor we need them to be and then teams like the Cards will become welcome matts, no matter how tough they bring it.

phanatic, what you say is true. The Skins are last in the division. I'm so upset about it, my roids are puckering.

Ok, you played the cards at home in week ! and won by 8 and their d sucks. The Birds lost to the healthy Titans in week 1 on the road.

So, in other words, each team had the results they should have. Each road team got beat by a superior home team. Do I have this right?

Then we came to YOUR house and kicked your collective butts!

I couldn't agree more.

That makes us better.

This is where I get lost. How can this be true Logic tends to tell me that you can't make a fair judgment on two teams that play twice a year as to which is the better team if they have only played once. That division standings can't be calculated till all teams have played twice, and being we're just going into week three it's much to early to judge anything. Do I have this right?

I can't claim to know just how you figure these things out, but applying some normal human logic tells me your a bit premature:jerkoff: You are spunkey though.

Originally posted by Pete

This is where I get lost. How can this be true Logic tends to tell me that you can't make a fair judgment on two teams that play twice a year as to which is the better team if they have only played once. That division standings can't be calculated till all teams have played twice, and being we're just going into week three it's much to early to judge anything. Do I have this right?

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Pete. As much as I hate to say this, the Eagles are the better team right now. We got beat in every aspect of the game on Monday. Not saying that we won;t be the better team at the end of the year, but as of right now, they're much better than us.

philly & matt....point well taken. but, as Yogi once said, "Your whole future is ahead of you." the iggles haven't won an effin thing until feb roles around. you won one game against a confused, disorganized team. the iggles aren't champs until they win everything. division championships are nice, but are meaningless in the grand scheme of themes. you will learn this once the iggles actually manage to win a SB. this is the point the others are making - not some puerile comment on a "mine's bigger" level.

until then.....they haven't accomplished anything.

Originally posted by fansince62

you won one game against a confused, disorganized team. the iggles aren't champs until they win everything. division championships are nice, but are meaningless in the grand scheme of themes. you will learn this once the iggles actually manage to win a SB. this is the point the others are making - not some puerile comment on a "mine's bigger" level.

Good post, but not really accurate. When our fans are gloating over a win (and what a win!) and your fans come back at us with "We've got three rings" I'd say that's the very definition of a "pueril comment on a 'mine's bigger' level."

Not everyone does this but a significant portion of the fans here do. The Skins fans are upset about the loss and even more upset about us rubbing it in, so their response is, "Well so what, you're team's never won the SB and ours has..." Sounds exactly like "mine's bigger" to me...

:pint:

SB trophies have nothing to do with "mine is bigger then yours" mentality. The "mine is bigger then yours" mentality deals with ones imagination. SB wins are cold hard facts. And the cold hard fact is....you don't have any. So you take your big Monday night win, I'll take the 3 SB for now.

And yes unfortunately, it was a cold hard fact that we got pounded on Monday night. So as long as you want to keep coming over here gloating on your teams win then expect to get this thrown in your face in return.

Originally posted by BuckeyeSkins

SB trophies have nothing to do with "mine is bigger then yours" mentality. The "mine is bigger then yours" mentality deals with ones imagination. SB wins are cold hard facts. And the cold hard fact is....you don't have any. So you take your big Monday night win, I'll take the 3 SB for now.

And yes unfortunately, it was a cold hard fact that we got pounded on Monday night. So as long as you want to keep coming over here gloating on your teams win then expect to get this thrown in your face in return.

As usual, you're missing the point. Your three past SB wins don't count for squat right now. Like I said before, they make you feel better about rooting for a team that's not very good, and they do show that the Skins have had a more successful PAST than the Eagles, but they don't put points on the board and they can't teach your players Lewis' defensive schemes any faster.

So whoopee, you root for a team that used to be good. Go hang out with the Ravens fans and you guys can all talk about the good old days...

I don't believe I missed any point. You continue to come onto this board and beat your chest over your win Monday night. Hey, more power to you. We've already conceded that you were the better team that night. But contrary to what you seem to imply that we are not going to get any better is nothing but speculation and wishful thinking on your part. Maybe we won't get any better but since there are still 14 games remaining in the season, I think I'll wait a bit before conceding anything to other teams. For the most part Stink you have made some insightful posts but you have also put some posts up here where you just had to end it with a snide, rediculous, meaningless jab. Try acting like Tom Giants Fan or Ninerfan and you might get a little less grief and a little more respect.

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

Can you imagine how figgin' obnoxious Philly fans would be if they ever had won a Super Bowl? Considering how mouthy and flamboyant they are, you'd think they'd won 20 Super Bowls. They sure do have big mouths for a team that's never won jack.

Its called being a fan. Being a fan doesn't have anything to do with whether or not your team wins. It has to do with rooting for them without question. Sticking by them when they suck (and letting them know that they suck with a few dozen well-timed boos) and screaming your face off when they are winning. Making their opponents your opponents and the people that cheer for their opponents your opponents.

Being a fan has nothing to do with championships, so don't get all in a huff about philly fans being vocal about their team. They're real fans, and if you were a real fan you'd understand that.

Originally posted by StinkNugget

Its called being a fan. Being a fan doesn't have anything to do with whether or not your team wins. It has to do with rooting for them without question. Sticking by them when they suck (and letting them know that they suck with a few dozen well-timed boos) and screaming your face off when they are winning. Making their opponents your opponents and the people that cheer for their opponents your opponents.

Being a fan has nothing to do with championships, so don't get all in a huff about philly fans being vocal about their team. They're real fans, and if you were a real fan you'd understand that.

There are vocal fans and then there are obnoxious fans. Big, Big, Big difference.

Originally posted by BuckeyeSkins

I don't believe I missed any point. You continue to come onto this board and beat your chest over your win Monday night. Hey, more power to you. We've already conceded that you were the better team that night. But contrary to what you seem to imply that we are not going to get any better is nothing but speculation and wishful thinking on your part. Maybe we won't get any better but since there are still 14 games remaining in the season, I think I'll wait a bit before conceding anything to other teams. For the most part Stink you have made some insightful posts but you have also put some posts up here where you just had to end it with a snide, rediculous, meaningless jab. Try acting like Tom Giants Fan or Ninerfan and you might get a little less grief and a little more respect.

I'm done with the Monday night game, that's not what I'm talking about here. Philly fans are being attacked for being vocal when 'we don't even have a Ring.' It's lucacris. THAT'S what I'm talking about.

I never said that the skins won't get any better either. Of course they will, they can't get any worse right now. And that's not a meaningless jab, that's the truth.

I've got no problem with either Tom or Ninerfan, but I do enjoy talking a little bit of smack after a win like ours, and they seem to keep it to themselves (in fact one of Ninerfan's first posts was a tip sheet on how his team could be beat...). Great, more people on this board like them, whoopee. I'm not here to be liked, I'm here to talk about football, which I do on a regular basis, and support my team which happens to be one of your rivals. You should take a look around at the other MBs out there if you think Skins fans are any different.

Whatever Stink....I don't really care if you're like or not liked. If you want to talk football and a little smak that's fine. But I think you've gone a little overboard at times with your smak. I know you don't agree with that . And as I said in my last post being vocal is alright to a point being obnoxious like some of your brethren is not.

I'm sure there are a few Skins fans who do the same thing on other boards and if so they deserve the same treatment. Some people don't know when to draw the line. Like someone else posted somewhere else....win with grace, lose with grace.

Philly fans (my apologies to the respectful ones) suck. As Buckeye said, there is a BIG difference between VOCAL fans and OBNOXIOUS fans. I went to a Skins/Eagles game at FedEx back when Norv was coaching, and the Skins won. Granted, the Skins weren't very good that year, but after the game, in the parking lot a bunch of Philly fans mockingly started singing "Hail to the Redskins." I was like, "Shut up you ****ing morons, we just beat you. Go **** yourselves."

Archived