Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To All Philly Fans...

Larry Brown #43

I made this point regarding "the past" in another thread, but I felt it needed to be addressed here in a new thread since so many Philly fans keep insisting that the past means nothing.

The past is the past, but it's NOT irrelevant. It's easy for a fan of a team that's never won jack to say the past means nothing, but you're wrong. Let me ask you this, if past accomplishments mean nothing, why do they keep track of who won every Super Bowl and every championship? Why do teams hoist banners in their stadiums in honor of their championships? Because championships are forever. Once you win one, no one can EVER take it away from you. It's the sports world's version of immortality. History and tradition are the heart of every franchise. Some franchises just have more of it than others. Can you tell me that if the Eagles had beaten the Raiders in 1980 that they wouldn't wave a banner at the Vet to honor it?

Similarly, as a fan of the Washington Capitals, I fully admit that the Flyers have more history and tradition than the Caps, and I've been reminded of it many times by you hippocritical Philly fans. The Caps have never won the Stanley Cup, and until they do, I won't pretend that they are equal to the Flyers. It pains me to say that, but it's true.

Now, having said that, the Eagles will always be the b!tches of the NFC East until they go out and win something tangible...not just division titles.

Past Championships matter to the fans because they get to talk about it forever. Fine. I'm talking about the bearing that past championships have on the here and now.

Do your 3 rings make you a better team? No.

Will your three rings get you into the playoffs this year? No.

Did your three rings beat the Cardinals in week one and lose to the Eagles in week 2? No.

They don't mean anything right now.

Enjoy the misguided belief that your team is better because you've won championships before. The fact is that those championships have NO BEARING on the present. They can't make Matthews a better quarteback. They can't make Smith and Green any younger. They can't fix Gardener's back or make Snyder stop changing coaches at the drop of a hat. All they do is make the fans proud. Great. Whoopee. I'm talking about the 2002 football season. The season right now. And 3 rings don't do anything but remind you guys and your players how good your team USED to be...

:pint:

You can look back and see that I have never disputed the fact that you are a more successful franchise. Thats obvious. But being better in the distant past is not going to help your team win this year. Winning the NFC East is not going to help us either, although it does prove the fact of which team is better right now. Well, so does Monday. Oops, I talked about it. Thats it, I swear.

Originally posted by phillyphattymatt You can look back and see that I have never disputed the fact that you are a more successful franchise. Thats obvious. But being better in the distant past is not going to help your team win this year.
I wouldn't exactly call it the "distant" past. We've won more in the short time since Dick Vermeil roamed your sidelines than your franchise has in its entire existence.

Ya know, I just noticed that avatar isn't quite right. Philly's tie should be hanging down in front. He'd have had to twist his torso 180 degrees before shoving his head up his @ss to get his present look, which I don't think is physically possible ...

Obviously the Dallas Cowboy message board posters are not given these Philly fans the time of day. Seems like their time would be better spent telling the Cowboy people how great the Eagles are and how they have already won the NFC East this year and how they are going to the Supoer Bowl this year and every year from now on, blah, blah blah blah

"Here we are in Punxsutawnee Pennseeeelvania...blah blah blah blah. I don't think this winter is ever going to end..."

Did I miss something here. If Philly is so much better then the Skins, how could we have the same records. Must be better then the Giants and Dallas too being thay also are 1 & 1.

Please enlighten me.............somebody.............Please

Pete, i suppose you are better than the rams? Ok, you played the cards at home in week ! and won by 8 and their d sucks. The Birds lost to the healthy Titans in week 1 on the road. Then we came to YOUR house and kicked your collective butts! That makes us better. BTW, somebody tell the moderators that the NFC EAST standings on this homepage are incorrect. They have convienientaly placrd the skins in first. How is that so when you lost to the Eagles and we share the same record? Also, you are the only team within the division to have lost a division game. That puts you in last by the NFL stats. I guess you don,t go by those here. At least you could post those correctly. And you call us homers?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived