Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK time to call in the big guns

SkinsNoles21

I am currently in a heated debate in about the Redskins draft situation with some other fans of NFL teams on my foxsports blog. So now I figured I would make an attempt over here on extremeskins to get some help. My number one competitor is a Packers fan, which I know is pretty rediculous but he still seems to be living off of the Brett Favre and Packer teams of old. If anyone would like to check out the article I wrote and the people that all bashed what the Redskins have to say feel free....here is the link.....

http://blogs.foxsports.com/Blazinhot54/2006/05/01/Im_a_Little_ConfusedFox_Sports_Skins_Draft_Grade

If you are a foxsports blogger and want to check it out and give your two cents then go right ahead, thats all im asking for. I know some people on here will find away to get upset with the post that i started somehow, but what is the point in having a team as good as the Redskins if you cant debate it with other fans. I do it because I know once the season starts I have Joe Gibbs, Al Saunders, and Greg Williams to back me up. Here is a piece of my article as well....

As many draft experts will tell you, the draft is hit or miss. A team can draft a quarterback like Heath Shuler (Redskins) in the first round; or they can take a quarterback like Tom Brady (Patriots) in the sixth round. Although the teams spend a very long time analyzing who they want to take, in the end, these players have yet to play in the NFL and a full analysis of their talent can not be performed.

The Redskins have decided to bypass the hit our miss draft, and build with players who have already proven they can play at the NFL level. Instead of drafting 10-12 players and giving them all contracts, they will give bigger contracts to free agents who have proven they can play. The way the Redskins spend is decidedly different from the time Synder took over as owner compared to now with Gibbs at the helm. Instead of signing aging big names, Washington signs players who are fresh off of their rookie contracts, and entering their prime. Although the majority of the Redskins were signed via free agency or acquired by trade, the team is still very young as a whole, and the players have all been signed for long term. Gibbs was previously a head coach before the days of salary cap and free agency. He does not build a team that can win for a year or two, he plans for the future and tries to build a team that will contend for the next 5-10 years. Anyone who wants to doubt him go ahead, but his track record is proven, and it is something that can not be argued. Arguing the decision of a Super Bowl champion, Hall of Famer, NASCAR champion and the current head coach of a playoff football team is like trying to argue the world is flat. The argument for Gibbs' player personnel decisions could continue, but I feel that I should not have to do that for a team that just came off of a 10-6 season. What Gibbs and co. are doing is obviously working, so I will move on to something else.

If nothing else check it out for the picture I posted. HAIL

There is a debate going on in the add comment section, This is basically a thread for people who view foxsports blog and read them. There have been comments bashing the skins and what they do as well as agreeing with my article. But i figured if i posted it here I could get some people to help sway the conversation, because the Redskins fans the better. that's because Redskins fans are of course, more intelligent than all others.

Arguing with a Packers fan is like America arguing with a 3rd world country hahahaha. I suppose their was a little bit of self promotion involved there. Currently there is a contest going on over at foxsports to find out who america's next great sportswriter is. I am doing everything I can to become one of the 16 finalists and with as many negative Redskins anaylsts actually out there, I am trying to become one of the few who understands the Washington Redskins and will not bash them just because I think they spend to much money or whatever.

I like the post from a few days ago that listed out Free agent's draft original draft position . . . something like this:

1 - Campbell

1 - Carter

2 - Arch

2 - El

2 - McIntosh

4 - Lloyd

I think this best sums up our draft.

(if you use something like this, please verify the draft positions - my short term memory is shot) lol

I like the post from a few days ago that listed out Free agent's draft original draft position . . . something like this:

1 - Campbell

1 - Carter

2 - Arch

2 - El

2 - McIntosh

4 - Lloyd

I think this best sums up our draft.

(if you use something like this, please verify the draft positions - my short term memory is shot) lol

I hope you are right. I'm going to use it. Not a bad off-season I'd say.

I"m sorry but I don't care about other forums enough to go visit them. I'll debate with the members here. At least I know I'll get a somewhat intelligent conversation :) Besides, all I care about is the skins - I'm not one of those draft guys who knows all the other players in college well enough to even have that kind of discussion. GOod luck!

Archived