Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What players have been selected with our traded picks?

powerANDgut

Ok, we've been trading picks left and right the past 2 years, which I have no problem with. Our team has become a much better team in 2 short years. It seems there are many people who are up in arms about the constant trading of draft picks and our "morgtating the future."

So who exactly have been chosen with the picks we traded away? Off the top of my head I could think of one. Can others fill in the blanks?

2nd rounder for the Portis and Champ deal ---> Tatum Bell

2nd rounder for Cooley ---> ???

2nd and 3rd rounder for Brunell --- ???

3rd? or 4th? rounder for Brandon Lloyd ---> ???

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:point2sky

Somehow I think the Giants got our original #53 this year and took Sinorice Moss (sp?). I know we don't need another WR; however, him going to a division rival who are looking more and more like they are loaded for bear, doesn't quite sit well with me.

I agree redskin56....

I just don't understand why not only that we traded up to take a player that more than definately would have been there to grab at 53,but why we didn't wait a few more picks to make the move if he was the guy we had to have...

We could have waited maybe just a couple more picks to make the trade up and it would not have cost us the 2nd rounder for 07'...

And in a worst case scenario that Rocky would have got picked had we waited,we could have selected Jimmy williams or even Darryl Tapp at that selection...(note williams was picked right after we selected rocky) but we didn't know that at the time...Tapp was picked 63rd overall,however?

If Rocky isn't the starter by week 9 (after the Bye)then this pick was stupid!!

Now what if by some stretch of the imagination the Redskins D is top 5 and Holdman or Clemons is playing mistake free football and making a solid contribution to the D, should we then bench them?

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I agree redskin56....

I just don't understand why not only that we traded up to take a player that more than definately would have been there to grab at 53,but why we didn't wait a few more picks to make the move if he was the guy we had to have...

We could have waited maybe just a couple more picks to make the trade up and it would not have cost us the 2nd rounder for 07'...

And in a worst case scenario that Rocky would have got picked had we waited,we could have selected Jimmy williams or even Darryl Tapp at that selection...(note williams was picked right after we selected rocky) but we didn't know that at the time...Tapp was picked 63rd overall,however?

in the ten picks before ours at 53, a run on LB and CB occured, the Redskins no doubt anticipated this and decided to try to get to the front of it

I agree redskin56....

Linebackers were the first two picks of the second round. I think that the FO realized that LB's were going to go early. It was necessary to trade up, in their minds, to get the guy they wanted. Two picks later, Howard from UTEP was gone as well. Remember also that the Pats had to trade up to get the pick directly after the Skins. So to say that McIntosh "more than definitely" would have been there at 53 is way off base. It is just as possible that another team who wanted Rocky could have traded into that spot. Tapp may end up being a stud, but I doubt it. There's a reason he dropped to #63.

If you haven't figured it out already, when the Skins want someone THEY GO GET HIM. They wanted McIntosh, they gave up what they needed to to get a guy they wanted. The formula has worked out thus far for Gibbs and Co., so cool it and wait and see.

I agree redskin56....

Rocky would not have been there by 53. LBs were falling off the board quick and the redskins believed that abdul hodge was not the answer. There is no way in hell the redskins could hvae traded up without giving up our 2nd next year.

Tapp is undersized and woould not fit in the redskins defensive scheme. and plz no VT players, Jimmy Williams had attitude problems, i dont think we want him

HEs from the U.. Have u seen the LBs that have came out of the U in the past 10 yrs. Case closed.

Trust Gibbs and Co. They have been dead on with their personnel decisions (only barrow)

Rocky would not have been there by 53. LBs were falling off the board quick and the redskins believed that abdul hodge was not the answer. There is no way in hell the redskins could hvae traded up without giving up our 2nd next year.

Tapp is undersized and woould not fit in the redskins defensive scheme. and plz no VT players, Jimmy Williams had attitude problems, i dont think we want him

HEs from the U.. Have u seen the LBs that have came out of the U in the past 10 yrs. Case closed.

Trust Gibbs and Co. They have been dead on with their personnel decisions (only barrow)

And they had probably had Rocky rated higher than the two taken before him, so trading that pick for that player was a steal if they actually wanted him more than those two.

I agree redskin56....

Was there anything in this entire post that wasnt completely wrong? Rocky there at 53? If I had a dog, he would know better than that. The LB who was BEHIND him in the rankings went at 38. Thats 15 spots before 53, for the guy BEHIND him. Perhaps you didnt check the draft trade chart, which I know you didnt, because this entire post is from someone who doesnt have a clue what they are talking about. The draft trade chart that all the teams use, more or less, shows we got equal value for that pick. Teams picking at # 37 and #38 would no way in the world trade their 2nd, for our 2nd, 6th, and a 3rd in 2007. Furthermore, if Rocky was gone(the player all the coaches wanted, unlike Tapp or Willaims), that would have shown he was considered by more NFL teams than us, to be significantly better than Tapp, and better than Willaims. Tapp went 63rd for a reason, and NEITHER of them fill our biggest starting roster hole, unlike Rocky.

Archived