Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st overall defensive picks

powerANDgut

The NFL network posted the last 5-6 defensive players drafted at #1, and let me tell you, mario is set up to fail.

Courtney Brown, Dan Wilkinson, Aundray Bruce, Steve Entman, Russell Maryland to name a few. Total of 1 probowl between them all.

The owner said they picked him to compete with peyton manning and the colts. Is he dilusional?

Has anyone else noticed that the best DE prospect in the draft is always said to be a once in a decade player? Everything they've been saying about Mario Williams, I heard with Peppers, Rice and Kearse. Good players I guess, but it seems like one of them comes along ever 2 years.

You don't hear it as much with running backs, or even for that matter, saying that bush is a player that might reinvent the RB position.

How the hell can you pass that up?!

boggles the mind

Bush MIGHT reinvent the RB position, Super Mario MIGHT NOT be a bust.

Ever heard of "breaking the mould". Just because statistics say one thing doesnt mean that a player cant go out and work his ass off to spit in the face of statistics.

Bush MIGHT reinvent the RB position, Super Mario MIGHT NOT be a bust.

Ever heard of "breaking the mould". Just because statistics say one thing doesnt mean that a player cant go out and work his ass off to spit in the face of statistics.

The definition of "insanity" is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result...or something like that there.

You gotta go back more than two players to spot a trend...go back five or six...maybe seven...eight if you have nothing better to do. Ok, nine.

well not that many qbs have been chosen at #3 overall, not much I can do about that. I did find one more for you, back in 1994, maybe you remember him. his name is Heath Shuler.

I think Mario's going to have a tough time proving himself anyway because as many people have pointed out, his career will always be measured to Reggie Bush's. The only way Mario is looked at favorably down the road is if Bush somehow ends up being a bust, which right now looks nearly impossible given his once-in-a-generation natural ability. So even if Mario becomes one of the top DE's in the league and dramatically improves Houston's defense, people will still say "oh but look at Reggie Bush, Houston could've had THAT instead!" Sucks to be Mario.

I think Mario's going to have a tough time proving himself anyway because as many people have pointed out, his career will always be measured to Reggie Bush's. The only way Mario is looked at favorably down the road is if Bush somehow ends up being a bust, which right now looks nearly impossible given his once-in-a-generation natural ability. So even if Mario becomes one of the top DE's in the league and dramatically improves Houston's defense, people will still say "oh but look at Reggie Bush, Houston could've had THAT instead!" Sucks to be Mario.

Yeah, that 6 year 54 Million dollar contract must really suck...

:(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived