Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please stop cluttering "The Stadium"

bishtw

Tarhog,

LMAO, It just so happens that when I was a newbie 3 years ago I started a thread asking about screen names and someone said something along the line of "read the last thread about that".

Did you use the search function or was that a stab in the dark?

Still laughing!

I'm I huge Redskins fan, much like most of you. I was lucky enough to stumble across this web site a few years ago when the membership was a fraction of what it is now.

Art and Diehard with the additions of the mods have a tough job keeping a tight ship. I thank them for their hard work.

Every board has its little problems, and lately everyone is complaining about use of the "Search Function". And I agree... it helps cut down a lot of "clutter" so we can get the info we want.

Please stop cluttering up the Stadium in an attempt to unclutter the stadium.

And many times the search feature isnt even needed when another post of the same topic is right there on the front page. One person will want this one in the draft and someone else will post they want another one right under it, instead of adding to there post and discussing it.

Then someone starts a thread asking if its too early to put in Jason Campbell and right under it comes another one asking will Joe Gibbs start Jason Campbell. Before ya know it the main page is all draft picks and JC threads, when they could be put in the same post.

Matt [Redskins Fan]I think if we could all agree to respect our fellow Skins fans instead of meagerly trying to one-up each other on linking to old threads we would be a lot better off.

If we can all remember we're on the same damn team, things will flow much more smoothly.

Well said but we have to understand that idiots will be idiots, they just cant help themselves. Reading most of there threads and comments, they dont know jack about this game or team anyways, maybe thats why there so bitter.

If waiting 45 "seconds" to do another search keeps me from searching, then it's time for some Valium, cutting out what little caffeine I do drink, or something along those lines. I myself don't consider it a deterrent. Impatience, however, can be.

Hey PCS... use the search function... we already a half dozen threads on caffeine and valium. Damn!

:laugh: :D:( :mad: :doh: ..........:paranoid:

Hey PCS... use the search function... we already a half dozen threads on caffeine and valium. Damn!

:laugh: :D:( :mad: :doh: ..........:paranoid:

Whaaaaaa? Er.... I did do a search. Really..um...... it must have been the misleading thread title. Yeah. That's it. That's the ticket. ;)

No what clutters the board is the million threads about

Lavar

Draft predictions/Mock Drafts

Stupid Giant/Eagle/Poke chest pumping fan threads

Breaking News that everyone wants to be the first to post... even if its two days old :doh:

Jason Campell/Mark Brunell who will start?

Will/When/if Joe Gibbs retires

Dan Snyder/Vinny Cerrato bashing

(insert name) is an idiot

Help threads where someone is too lazy to look up FAQ or board rules

Favorite Redskin Player/Game/coach/Helmet/Number

Posting news threads improperly

Why was my thread closed?

Any thread started by Westbrook36 :D

I have a lot more problems with people who clutter the board with useless or repetitive threads. You need to educate people when they do wrong... to help insure they don't do it again (except trolls who don't care)

Yes you maybe embarassed or even mad... but you think twice the next time you rush to post a news story and check to see if it was already posted.

The best way to handle it is to just report it to the mods,

I have one more thing to add........

Remember:

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

So many people ask questions that is they were to do a search in Google...they would like a gaziiion answers.

If they can find extreme....they can find google.

Blondie

I couldn't agree more strongly, i've personally had enough of the jr mod squad routine. the mods do a great job and it's their's not yours. if it does bother you that much then by all means pm the offending party and if you don't see a change then contact a mod. this is supposed to be a freindly place where we can talk about our berloved skins. but some of you make it soo irritating with your judgemental bashing wether it's the search function or the topic it self that it bothers me. what ever happened to simple common courtesy ? if you don't like the thread then back out and move on. remember people we are a brotherhood of the skins.i'll get off my soap box now. have a great day and enjoy the draft.

I'm I huge Redskins fan, much like most of you. I was lucky enough to stumble across this web site a few years ago when the membership was a fraction of what it is now.

Art and Diehard with the additions of the mods have a tough job keeping a tight ship. I thank them for their hard work.

Every board has its little problems, and lately everyone is complaining about use of the "Search Function". And I agree... it helps cut down a lot of "clutter" so we can get the info we want.

The problem comes in with those who post in the thread just to say "use the search", "closed in 1, 2,....", "please merge", or my favorite, " I got in before this thread was closed".

I understand the mods want us to police ourselfs, but to often I will start reading a thread, and someone starts with the "use the search function", and before you know it, the thread that was talking about our 'Skins is now going back in forth about weather or not the topic deserved a new thread.

This board also has a User CP function. If you want to call someone out, PM them. I don't want to read about it. You can also report them if you so desire.

Its has got so bad that every other post starts with " I used the search fuction but I didn't see it, sorry if its already beeen posted" because a lot of posters are just waiting to bash someone.

Please let it go. Please stop cluttering up the Stadium in an attempt to unclutter the stadium.

P.S. I guess I'm just as bad cause I started a whole thread on it, adding to the clutter.

P.S.S. I apologize if this as already been posted, I used the search function and didn't see it yet!!!

Totally agree. If the topic has been discussed, then it will fade off the board fast. Many, of these threads are new to me, and I like the information.

Totally agree. If the topic has been discussed, then it will fade off the board fast. Many, of these threads are new to me, and I like the information.

nope, because others just keep posting them because they are too lazy to check to see if it has already been posted.

and as someone else pointed out you will have several threads on the front page only a few spaces apart from each other.

ignoring a problem only makes it worse.

We need to use a little common sense. Lets face it, another 5 years of history here and there won't be ANY topic that hasn't been previously discussed here :)

I think when theres been some breaking news (just for instance, lets say one of our former players signs with the Giants), I think its more than acceptable to remind people that post the news for the gazillionth time 'hey, think maybe this is already posted here?'.

On the other hand, if I'm posting a thread wondering how folks got their usernames, yeah, its probably been discussed 4 or 5 times in-depth since the boards creation, but it may not have been done since I joined. Or the thread title may not lend itself to clearly discerning what it is about. So we need to lighten up in those cases.

Bottom line, we have a large # of staff and mods here, and while we do encourage self-policing, I think we'd prefer true 'self-policing' than what we see a lot of, which is members jumping other members aggressively on our behalf.

Treat people the way you'd want to be treated....even when YOU were a newbie.....thats likely the best approach.

Tarhog speaks the truth. :)

And now ... it's Draft Day. Things are going to get crazy around here. You know it, and we know it. We're going to allow for the fact that this is the biggest weekend for the offseason, and give the board a bit more free reign than we might usually do.

That does NOT mean, 1) that people can feel free to post as many repetitive new threads as they wish, or 2) that people offended by what they see as repetitive threads have free reign to turn every new thread into a target zone to blow up the offender.

Words of the Day:

Common sense.

Now let's all go enjoy the NFL Draft. :)

Archived