Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Blackmon

Darc Requiem

I know a lot of guys here want to see us take a corner back at pick number 53. I think we need a linebacker personally but anyway what does everyone think of Will Blackmon from Boston College. He was a top flight corner that was switched to wider receiver last year. Because of the switch, he has dropped down on most draft boards. Do you guys think there will be any chance that he would fall far enough down to picked up with one of our later pics? He has a similar build to Shawn Springs, he is 6ft and 200lbs which is a good size for a corner. He had really good season at receiver so he is obviously a good athlete. He doesn't have blazing speed but his 40 time is in the 4.45 range which should be fast enough. I only have seen him in a few games but he looked impressive in that games that did see him in. Can any BC fans here elaborate on his skills?

It was my understanding that Blackmon moved to offense to help his team. He is one of the best athletes in the draft. He plays CB for 3 years and moves to receiver and leads his team with 51 catches. He is also one of the best return men in college football the past 3 years.He was going into this last season listed as one top CB's in the country but plays WR to help his team. That will cost a few dollars on Saturday. I would draft the guy in the 3 rd round--if we had the pick--he will be a steal. The Skins could afford to play him in a dime package until the rust wears off.

That was my understanding as well Hauss. I thought he moved becuase his team was thin at WR not because of lack of skill. If he hadn't moved to WR I'm pretty sure he'd be a first day pick. Of course you know how NFL scouts are, combine workouts and wonderlic scores seem to be more important than 4 years of game tape :(

I not only attended Boston College, but knew him personally very well. He was and still is one of the best all-around athletes I have ever known. He made the switch to WR because the team needed him there (they had 2 sub-par receivers in Tony Gonzalez and Kevin Challenger coming into the season) and he sacrificed going in the first round as a corner to help the team. Not sure if that means anything to you guys, but to me that speaks tons about his character and dedication to the team. Add in his freakish natural ability (he is exceptional on special teams... both tackling, returning, and breaking tackles), and I think we would be dumb not to take him if he is around for our 2nd round pick. He is most definately a diamond-in-the-rough in this draft, considering his potential.

On a seperate note, I would much rather have Kiwi (Mathias Kiwanuka, DE for Boston College... another personal friend of mine) if he is around as well. Both are going to be steals in the second round.

Archived