Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Workout Habits

Thirtyfive2seven

Another Offseason thread - I'm bored:

I love the game of football as a whole so I follow good players throughout their careers regardless of which team they play for. In all honesty that's never included a player from :dallasuck .

I was just thinking about other players around the league who really push themselves in the offseason to prepare for the coming year. One that stands out in my mind is Donovan McNabb.. Even though he's on the iggles I still respect him as a player because he trains so hard in the offseason. I read an article in Sports Illustrated about him going to some program in Arizona to work on his footwork and agility among other things. I remember hearing about Jerry Rice's habits a long time ago as well.

With that said, I was wondering if anyone had information on how our guys prepare themselves. Does Santana and Portis go to the U to work out there?

If so, how do they train and why is the U a popular place to train?

Thanks!

HAIL:cheers:

Jerry Rice was the undisputed king of offseason workouts no doubt about it. I think the skins should put up signs in their weightroom that say "Washington Redskins 2007 Super Bowl champions to motivate them. another offseason workout that is going to be valuable is cooley growing his sweet facial hair and mullet

Another Offseason thread - I'm bored:

I love the game of football as a whole so I follow good players throughout their careers regardless of which team they play for. In all honesty that's never included a player from :dallasuck .

I was just thinking about other players around the league who really push themselves in the offseason to prepare for the coming year. One that stands out in my mind is Donovan McNabb.. Even though he's on the iggles I still respect him as a player because he trains so hard in the offseason. I read an article in Sports Illustrated about him going to some program in Arizona to work on his footwork and agility among other things. I remember hearing about Jerry Rice's habits a long time ago as well.

With that said, I was wondering if anyone had information on how our guys prepare themselves. Does Santana and Portis go to the U to work out there?

If so, how do they train and why is the U a popular place to train?

Thanks!

HAIL:cheers:

If McNabb works out so hard, why is he fat?

:eaglesuck

I do believe that a good offseqason workout habbit makes you a better player durring the regular season. Look at Ryan Leaf. He didnt do any work durring the offseason and was fired because he sucked so bad durring the games. Tallent isnt worth anything if you dont have a good work ethic.

I know that Adam Archuleta has a pretty insane offseason workout regimen which involves a lot of plyometric training. Basically this means he builds his explosive power rather than just lifting a weight slowly. For example, doing bench press actually involves him throwing the weight off his chest and catching it again. Just nuts. There's a good article about it here:

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/features_2001/nawrocki_061901.asp

If McNabb works out so hard, why is he fat?

:eaglesuck

You have to remember where he works out at. I have followed Mcnabb fairly closely, and his workout regimine is designated to keep his arm in shape and keep his legs fresh. First he goes into the city and orders a cheese steak from Geno's he works out his arm by lifting the cheese steak to his mouth several times. He then jogs across the street to Pat's and orders a cheese steak and continues his arm workoutby lifting the sub to his mouth numerous times then he jogs back across the street to Geno's. He repeats this process about 20 times a day training both his eating arm, his legs, and his overall agility because in order to get to the next cheese steak quickly he often has to dart through traffic. It really is impressive to watch.:silly:

You have to remember where he works out at. I have followed Mcnabb fairly closely, and his workout regimine is designated to keep his arm in shape and keep his legs fresh. First he goes into the city and orders a cheese steak from Geno's he works out his arm by lifting the cheese steak to his mouth several times. He then jogs across the street to Pat's and orders a cheese steak and continues his arm workoutby lifting the sub to his mouth numerous times then he jogs back across the street to Geno's. He repeats this process about 20 times a day training both his eating arm, his legs, and his overall agility because in order to get to the next cheese steak quickly he often has to dart through traffic. It really is impressive to watch.:silly:

Haha, very funny. But I thought he lifts Chunky soup cans when he does his curls and presses (vegetable on light days and sirloin on heavy days). For cardio, I heard he just runs up and down the aisles of grocery stores with Chunky soup cans in his hands and taped around his ankles. And doesn't he stack them up and jump over them to improve his jumping? I heard he got up to four Chunky cans high last summer.

Haha, very funny. But I thought he lifts Chunky soup cans when he does his curls and presses (vegetable on light days and sirloin on heavy days). For cardio, I heard he just runs up and down the aisles of grocery stores with Chunky soup cans in his hands and taped around his ankles. And doesn't he stack them up and jump over them to improve his jumping? I heard he got up to four Chunky cans high last summer.

dang it, I completely forgot about the Chunky soup work-out.

P.S. I think yours is better.

Archived