Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Omar Jacobs...

IrepDC

I'm not sure why, but Omar Jacobs(QB #4 Bowling Green) is flying wayyyy under the radar in the upcoming draft. I mean, the guy is 6"4" 230lbs, he has accuracy, he has arm strength, AND he's mobile. He was the the number TWO prospect in the nation coming out of HS. In his Junior and Senior years at Bowling Green his TD/INT ratio was 70/11!!! That's sick! And he comes from a conferance that has been producing a lot of young QB studs lately. Such as Big Ben, Byron Leftwich, Chad Pennington, and Charlie Frye. And Jacobs put up better numbers than ANY of them.

With all that said, we likely won't be suiters for Jacobs since we have Campbell. I'm just curious to see who he falls to. In my mind this will be a lot like when Big Ben slid to the Steelers a few years ago. The only difference is that Jacobs will likely slide A LOT. Why? I'm not sure. I'd like to see what other peoples' opinions are about this guy.

...right now...I kinda sorta regret trading up to get Campbell last year with Jacobs slated to slide so far...kinda sorta... :2cents:

Arizona would fit this dude perfectly in the second round this kid has everything you look for in a quaterback the reason why he is under the rader because of his school but it doesn't matter he played against the same comp Big Ben played against and he already has a ring. Jacobs is accurate and mobile two deadly weapons i see him being a star in this league for real. There is starting to become a buzz about Kelli Clemons from Oregon now who was the last quarterback to come from there Joey "Where's My Arm" Harrington. But yeah man Jacobs is a monster and will prosper in the NFL.

I'm a MAC grad (Ohio) and have seen him a few times. He's got sort of a funny delivery and has never played in a pro style offense. I still think he should have stayed for his senior season because even though his numbers looked pretty good last year he had sort of a disappointing year because of his injury. Personally I don't like him nearly as much coming out as Roethlisberger or Leftwich but I think he'll be better than Charlie Frye or Josh Harris.

he not that mobile. a pocket passer. played decent teams but not great ones. he was shut down vs. bowling green. could turn into a good QB but i think still worse than cutler.

Umm He played for BG...

Anyways yeh he wont make it to the fourth round i dont think. But if he does make it to the fourth round by some means then by god we better get that very first pick from SF and pick him up. That is the backup we are looking for for the next 10 years to Campbell.

I am an '04 BG grad and I can tell you first hand that this guy has a LONG uphill battle to become an adequate NFL qb. He played in a wacked out hybrid cross between Urban Myers old BG offense and the Texas spread. He has many of the same negatives as Vince Young, and not many of the positives. Jacobs' size allowed him to succeed in the MAC despite his very awkward throwing motion (you think Young releases the ball weird, look at some film of Omar) -- this will not be the case in the NFL. Honestly, I still think - given the right opportunity -- Josh Harris still has the better potential to be a decent qb in the NFL

Best qb in the draft? oh my :rolleyes: My friend, I have nothing against Omar. Hell - he is a great guy, I have had lunch with him @ the student union -- you don't realize just how tall he is until you see him in person. Still - best qb in the draft?

Best qb in the draft? oh my :rolleyes: My friend, I have nothing against Omar. Hell - he is a great guy, I have had lunch with him @ the student union -- you don't realize just how tall he is until you see him in person. Still - best qb in the draft?

i have watched almost every game he has played and not only is he deadly accurate with a rocket arm but the kid is a worker and he has always produced even when he wasn't supposed to...sound familiar (Tom i think my SH** don't stink Brady) :2cents:

Archived