Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Claude Wroten Anyone?

D'Pablo

This guy could probably be had at our pick in the second round (maybe later). I honestly thought he should be a top ten pick before all his mishaps. What are your thoughts on taking a flyer on this guy? We could certainly use a young DT (especially considering our lack of depth beyond Boschetti).

I find it amusing that you think he could get drafted before us. Although he was a rather talented player for LSU, he has had so many character issues that he will likely not get picked at all. He is gonna turn into how T.O. is and how marcus vick probably will be:helmet: :helmet:

Character issues? Haha..the only thing that he got in trouble with while at LSU was with a weed possession, which is hardly a character flaw. My bet is he goes 2nd round or early 3rd round. He'd be excellent depth for this team at tackle because he is an absolute bull. I'd still prefer the Skins to pick a linebacker or cornerback now after the aquisition of Carter. He should be starting for an NFL team in the next few years. He reminds me alot of McFarland, and we all know how well he has faired while in Tampa Bay.

Character issues? Haha..the only thing that he got in trouble with while at LSU was with a weed possession, which is hardly a character flaw. My bet is he goes 2nd round or early 3rd round. He'd be excellent depth for this team at tackle because he is an absolute bull. I'd still prefer the Skins to pick a linebacker or cornerback now after the aquisition of Carter. He should be starting for an NFL team in the next few years. He reminds me alot of McFarland, and we all know how well he has faired while in Tampa Bay.

Exactly. He's no worse than the Fred Smoot we knew in Washington. There's a lot of ability there, too.

Btw, why does no one think DT depth is a problem? Whenever Griffin goes down, our entire defense starts to suck.

They say he will fall into the late rounds and I think it would be an absolute steal whoever gets him. I hope its us, seeing how Big Joe aint getting any younger and the fact that he should've been a first round pick. Who cares if he smokes weed. As long as he doesnt point a gun at people, he could smoke all the weed he wants! That HARDLY a character issue!

Character issues? Haha..the only thing that he got in trouble with while at LSU was with a weed possession, which is hardly a character flaw.

yeah, i bet a whole bunch of the players smoke weed in the offseason. you know santana and sean get blunted all the time

Character issues dont only stretch as far as how many times or how someones gotten arrested or what they have done. Hes got an awful state of mind regarding football, he doesnt work hard, hes an immature kid whos gonna coast on his talent as long as he can. Basically the opposite of the "joe gibbs" football player. furthermore, many of the teams who interviewed him at the combine said he came off as a "phony" Hes never going to be as good as you guys say he will.:helmet: :helmet:

Besides QB, the highest risk pick is drafting a defensive lineman. There are too many busts on DE's and DT's, even in the 1st round.

Gibbs strategy seems to be to let other teams take the risk on drafting defensive linemen high (like Andre Carter), and then acquire them either in trade or sign them away as free agents.

Dexter Manley (5th or 6th round pick) and Charles Mann (3rd?), were relatively low picks as I recall, that took a couple of years to develop.

So I don't see the Skins spending our highest pick (2nd round) on Wroten, who also has some red flags in his resume. :paranoid:

Archived