Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Looking to Move Up...Scout.com Article (Merge)

SkinsNoles21

i hope we dont end up with one of those small school CBs...i'd be pretty disappointed

don't sleep on these small school guys. Sure everyone would probably sleep better at night with cromartie however, ever heard of guy called Rasheen Mathis (bethune cookman) I mean he played in the MEAC for pete's sake. Or how about Ricardo Colclough (tusculum).

Scared money doesn't make money.... Trading future picks is a great idea.... our team is pretty much set for a long time... so trading a pick to fill a future hole = Shawn Springs (Can still get it done) will help the team in the long run....

so trading a pick to fill a future hole = WLB ... is a good idea...

I would love to trade up and snag A.C. from FSU. Im a huge Noles fan and have been watching him since he was a freshmen. He has that something special about him just like S.T.. I know that special talent when I see it cause I said the same thing about S.T. when half of you had probably never heard of him. I hope we can draft A.C. and still draft D.Jackson from MD, or Rocky from the "U". D.Jackson is the truth and will be awesome in this league. Ive been watching him for a few years now too and he was always better than Shawn Merrimam at MD. Not that any of you care but Shawn went to middle and highschool with me and we were real cool. I just cant believe how huge he is now.

I wouldn't mind trading future picks. I mean we traded future picks to trade up to take some kid from Utah State named Chris Cooley and it worked out.

That is one way of looking at it. Another way would be we almost missed out on getting Chris Cooley because the year before we traded away the pick we could have gotten him with. And then had to resort to paying extra to get that pick back. And if a team is not cooperative we lose on the Chris Cooley's of the draft.

I used to look forward to draft day. Track players-- compile reviews. make my own mock. Just not any fun any more since we dont have any picks

Yeah I did too, but free agency is sure a lot of fun. :laugh:

Besides we still have the anticipated excitement over whether or not the Skins will trade, and if they do, who will they get. So there is still some buzz being created here over this.

Right. Adding good players now is always worse than adding good players later. Just plain silly. We were a dynasty trading away early pics to fill needs with top talent for years. Good thing we might be getting back to those days.

Except that - during the dynasty we were not trading *up* in the draft for top talent. And we were not trading multiple picks for fewer picks. On the contrary we traded away top picks and kept the later picks.

Maybe trading more picks for fewer picks will work, maybe it won't. Either way it certainly wasn't what we did during the dynasty years.

I believe that DeMeco Ryans would be a perfect fit for us. He comes from a well disciplined scheme that is very comparable to Gregg Williams'. I do admit that I am an Alabama fan but Ryans would fit nicely in a system in which he thrived in a tough conference. Here's his line:

Ht: 6'1"

Wt: 236

Ryans started all 12 games as a senior in 2005 and finished with 76 tackles, 12 TFL, five sacks and one interception. He finished his career at Alabama with 37 starts and was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Year in 2005. Although his forty time is 4.62 he often plays faster than his time suggests. His coverage skills are average and his size may be an issue. Under the proper coaching and some time in the weightroom he could be an excellent acquisition.

Guest SylkeSmove

Sorry fans dont look too much into this. All teams do this....it was on ESPN yesterday. Teams like to do a Smoke Screen as they called it. It really doesnt mean too much that they come visit us when they are projected high in the draft.

I believe that DeMeco Ryans would be a perfect fit for us. He comes from a well disciplined scheme that is very comparable to Gregg Williams'. I do admit that I am an Alabama fan but Ryans would fit nicely in a system in which he thrived in a tough conference.

I'd love for the Redskins to draft him. I have a hunch some team will realize that DeMeco is a poor man's Derrick Brooks and draft him somewhere in the late teens or twenties. That area is likely too expensive for the Redskins to move into.

I'd love for the Redskins to draft him. I have a hunch some team will realize that DeMeco is a poor man's Derrick Brooks and draft him somewhere in the late teens or twenties. That area is likely too expensive for the Redskins to move into.

I think that he is a more disciplined less athletic version of our old LB that shall remain nameless. And let's face it, the athletic players tend to have short careers and more injuries. This guy is a monster and if he slipps far enough to where we can move up and take him or Cromartie I would take Ryans everyday and twice on sundays!

We have a brilliant FO...trading back picks for current picks is so smart becouse you always have a back pick to trade and every year you can kinda tailer the trade of the pick alone or combined with a player to the team thats in the possition you want to be in the draft and get who they want...then they sit an wait for other picks to play a couple years an establish themselves in the league, see who's who, wait for that rookie contract to come up an SNATCH EM' in free agency...HTTR!

this team is gonna be good for along time...i felt the same way about the lakers when phil jackson first came and we won three in a row, goin on seven if shaq and kobe would have just played ball (but thats another sport, another team).

Archived