Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rivals Projects Our Draft Pick...

Leon Phelps

I hope that rivals is wrong with this projection.

Personally I see: LB, G/T, DT, CB, FS (depending on STs court status) and maybe even a pure rush end as greater needs for the team.

That said, this guy is a specimen. As far as I've seen though he's a first round projection, slipping to 53 is a big drop indeed. Also, not real sure what becmoes of Cooley with this guy coming in. What are the implications of Saunders offense with two traditional TE's (Fauria and Pope) upon Cooley's role in the offense. Can Chris take on the blocking role of a true FB?

Didn't we fans learn anything from the draft last year? This front office's strategy seems to be take the best player available in the draft, regardless of position. I don't think Pope will fall, but if he does I think he would be a great pick at #53. Anyone who doesn't think Saunders wants a TE, see Tony Gonzalez. I love Cooley, but we don't know if Cooley can play this position as a true TE. And we don't know how much Saunders will adjust to use the H-back position. If Pope is there, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took him.

Didn't we fans learn anything from the draft last year? This front office's strategy seems to be take the best player available in the draft, regardless of position. I don't think Pope will fall, but if he does I think he would be a great pick at #53. Anyone who doesn't think Saunders wants a TE, see Tony Gonzalez. I love Cooley, but we don't know if Cooley can play this position as a true TE. And we don't know how much Saunders will adjust to use the H-back position. If Pope is there, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took him.

Saunders wants and has ALWAYS wanted a true H back. He uses H backs like Gibbs. He will love Cooley. Im willing to put money on us getting a corner though with the 2nd rounder.

CB is our #1 need. Then comes LB and DL. TE is one of our more solid positions. Pope is not needed.

If we can secure Cromartie and a solid 2nd round LB or DT, I'd be a happy man.

It sure would be nice for an Andyman update!

This years draft is WAY better than next years is gonna be, just by looking at the talent that will come up next year... we hav only a couple of holes... LB, CB, OL, Dline, and the lines are just depth...

I say that we trade next years first and 2nd, and get Cromartie.

Then get best LB available with #53.

Then the rest of the draft is 1 or 2 DE, a DT, and some O line competition

Next year all we will need is depth so not having a first or 2nd is fine by me.

Archived