Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How far is two blocks.

Sherlock Holmes

Im in the process of buying hotel and flight tickets for the titans game, and on the website for a particular hotel it says that the hotel is two blocks away from national mall, which would be helpfull because i heard that the mall is a good centre to go to all the attractions from.

Anyways how far is two blocks? How long would it take to walk two blocks?

Im in the process of buying hotel and flight tickets for the titans game, and on the website for a particular hotel it says that the hotel is two blocks away from national mall, which would be helpfull because i heard that the mall is a good centre to go to all the attractions from.

A block is just the distance between two cross streets on a given road. So if they are close it could only be 20 yards but if they are far it could be a 1/2 mile. Generally speaking you should be talking 2 or 3 min walk. Of course if it means something totally different here as it does in England like 'Fag' or 'Fanny' then who knows. Cheers:cheers:

In DC it is not that far. Perhaps a 5 minute walk at most. Which hotel is it BTW?

We dont to be honest. Even in London theres not many high rise buildings so i suppose we just get to know the names of roads, and judge distance by walking time.

Thanks for the help!

Oh, I don't want to get your hopes up but DC doesn't have highrise buildings at all. Buildings with the exception of the National Cathedral I believe, cannot be built higher the Washington Capitol.

Either way, If you're two blocks from the mall it won't take long to walk there. Have fun and enjoy!

Oh, I don't want to get your hopes up but DC doesn't have highrise buildings at all. Buildings with the exception of the National Cathedral I believe, cannot be built higher the Washington Capitol.

Either way, If you're two blocks from the mall it won't take long to walk there. Have fun and enjoy!

Is the Washington Monument not higher than the Capitol?

Also, who is the statue atop the Capitol Building?

You're right the tallest structure is the Monument at 555 feet but I thought I read somwhere that because the cathedral is built on a hill that it is in fact the highest point in the city.

Other interesting things about the Monument is that building stoped for a period because of lack of donations and you can see the line in the stone where to bottom third of the monument is a slighty different color. Also, it was supposed to be 600 feet tall but engineers had to cut its size due to structural problems.

1 Block in DC inst that long at all, someone said 5-7 mins to walk 2 blocks, thats about right, beware of the "cross" and "dont cross" signs at each streetlight/road crossing tho, dont know if you all have those over your parts, cause if you dont pay attention, you will get hit by some lunatic driver(s) lol :)

Oh and the washington monument is 555 feet tall, plus 5 inches :) 555.5

• 1 month later...

Archived