Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best O-Lines of All Time

CPstretch

I have the Dirtbags in the top 10...of current offensive lines in the league.

Of all time, they might crack the top 100.

Best ever?

The '91 Skins are probably number 1. The '83 Skins are probably in the top 5.

That line from Dallas' last Super Bowl run is #2.

The Raiders from the 70s is probably #3.

Maybe the roided up Steelers line from the 70s.

Any Denver line from the late 90s gets consideration.

People will mention Dallas' O-Line's in the 90's as one of the best, but I thought they were overrated in many regards. Great pass blockers, but inconsistent run blockers. As a Cowboys fan, I always felt that Moose and Emmitt made that O-Line look far better than it really was.

Awhile ago I took a look back at the sacks given up by the Hogs and they actually gave up quite a few sacks early on but once they started to get closer to the 1990's, they gave up fewer and fewer. The Giants also had some really good O-Lines back then.

The Raiders in the 70's had Art Shell, arguably the best tackle ever, Gene Upshaw, Jim Otto. Dave Casper was also a tight end and considered the best blocking TE ever.

Nobody gives these guys enough credit, but the Chiefs O-Line has been one of the best I've seen in quite some time and I'd rather have their O-Line over Dallas' 90's O-Line. The Chiefs O-Line is incredibly diverse in the things they can do and they really are the reason why the Chiefs Offense is so good. They are absolutely lethal on play action because the O-Line does such a great job of disguising it as a run, but still being able to pass protect for Trent Green.

Rich.........

Archived