Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cool article on B. Lloyd

Warpath11

For all of these so called experts (Don Banks I am looking in your worthless direction), please tell who you wouldn't take here b/c they are "too small":

Marvin Harrison 6'0" 181 Torry Holt 6'0" 190 Derrick Mason 5'10" 188 Isaac Bruce 6'0" 188 Laveranues Coles 5'11" 190 Hines Ward 6'1" 197 Santana Moss 5'9" 185 Brandon Lloyd 6'0" 184

(Ok, maybe Coles...only b/c he hasn't been the same since he f-ed his foot up)

Neat read, thanks.

I think that if the article is correct, it shows that Gibbs' main criteria for his receivers is the ability to separate from DBs. This doesn't mean 4.3 speed, this means through quickness, change of direction, feint, alignment, and experience a receiver is able to create separation regardless of the route.

If you look at Moss, Lloyd, and Randle El, and to a lesser degree Patten, that's the pattern I see emerging.

So many columnists think that a 6'3" WR that runs a 4.45 is better than a 5'11" WR that runs a 4.45 simply because he's taller and runs the same 40. It seems to make sense, but a smaller WR will generally have quicker feet (and will be able to make quicker cuts and stops) simply because he takes more steps to cover those 40 yards in 4.45 seconds than the taller WR.

It really comes down to whether you want a WR with more separation from a DB but with a smaller target to throw to or a WR with less separation from a DB with a larger target to throw to.

Archived