Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Cat gets House Arrest

Huly

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CRAZY_CAT?SITE=FLROC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Crazy cat terrorizes Connecticut town

Advertisement

FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) -- Residents of the neighborhood of Sunset Circle say they have been terrorized by a crazy cat named Lewis. Lewis for his part has been uniquely cited, personally issued a restraining order by the town's animal control officer.

"He looks like Felix the Cat and has six toes on each foot, each with a long claw," Janet Kettman, a neighbor said Monday. "They are formidable weapons."

The neighbors said those weapons, along with catlike stealth, have allowed Lewis to attack at least a half dozen people and ambush the Avon lady as she was getting out of her car.

Some of those who were bitten and scratched ended up seeking treatment at area hospitals.

Animal Control Officer Rachel Solveira placed a restraining order on him. It was the first time such an action was taken against a cat in Fairfield.

In effect, Lewis is under house arrest, forbidden to leave his home.

Solveira also arrested the cat's owner, Ruth Cisero, charging her with failing to comply with the restraining order and reckless endangerment.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like my Huly!

Is there any reason they can't just keep the cat indoors... ?

This is a local story (well, for me anyway :)) that's getting some attention. The problem is the owner was told to keep the cat indoors after the second attack...but she has neglected to do so. Her side of the story is - get this - her cat is misunderstood...Lewis just loves other animals and people.

This is a local story (well, for me anyway :)) that's getting some attention. The problem is the owner was told to keep the cat indoors after the second attack...but she has neglected to do so. Her side of the story is - get this - her cat is misunderstood...Lewis just loves other animals and people.

I have four cats and a Black Lab. The cats never go outdoors. There's just too much danger out there, if nothing else, to the cats. Feral cats, predators, humans, etctera. That alone is enough for me to keep them indoors.

Is there any reason they can't just keep the cat indoors... ?

I'm guessing because the owner is a complete idiot and probably a tad :insane:

Got 4 and 3 stay inside. The other one never leaves the yard.

Cue cat haters in 3.....2.....1......

I never considered cats outdoor pets. We had a cat for 15 years. It only got out when it's escape attemps succeded.

lol - yeah, had a few of those jailbreaks.

This one is 12 and has never been a wanderer. She got a chance to prove herself early on. If she wandered, she would've been kept inside.

Plus, dogs aren't an issue here, so she's got that going for her.

And she only goes out when we're home and stands at the glass door when she wants to come in. And we never let her stay out all night. Spoiled? Naaaahhhh......

my cat was an outdoor champ...ruled the neighborhood and brought me treats back on my stoop every night....eesh

Mine has lightened up on the gifts since she's gotten older, but since Spring has sprung I've noticed a lot of half-tailed lizards about.

I think she's lost a step or two, and I'm happy for the lizards.

:helmet:

Archived