Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Texans Sign Kalu

jimster

Texans Sign Kalu

http://sports.iwon.com/news/03272006/v5730.html

Mar 27, 9:33 PM (ET) Email this Story

HOUSTON (AP) - The Houston Texans signed defensive end N.D. Kalu on Monday.

Kalu, an unrestricted free agent, played in 15 games for the Philadelphia Eagles last season, starting eight. He had 38 tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble.

Terms were not immediately released.

The nine-year veteran was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the fifth round in 1997. He signed with Washington in 1998 after being released by the Eagles. He was with the Redskins for three seasons before rejoining the Eagles in 2001.

The Texans also signed linebacker Zeke Moreno, a free agent who made four special teams tackles for the Eagles last season, and exclusive rights free-agent linebacker Kenneth Pettway.

Are the Texans still going to continue playing the 3-4 or are they converting to the 4-3? If they are playing the 3-4, are they going to convert him into an OLB?

Texans switch to a 4-3 this year.

they dont have much depth at DE so he might be a starter.

Texans switch to a 4-3 this year.

they dont have much depth at DE so he might be a starter.

I assume they'll move back Robaire Smith to DT like he was with Tennessee. I also wonder what they'll do with some of their OLB's like Jason Babin. He played DE in college I believe.

I assume they'll move back Robaire Smith to DT like he was with Tennessee. I also wonder what they'll do with some of their OLB's like Jason Babin. He played DE in college I believe.

Babin is an undersized DE at 260 lbs or so.

I think that due to the amount of smallish OLB/DE's they have, Kalu stands a good chance of being a starter and they will move Smth back to RDT.

Archived