Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins NON-mistakes in draft?

NewCliche21

Except AA replaced Clark. I dont see how he is insurance. We actually have 2 less safeties than we did when the season ended.

The Redskins' record with early draft picks has actually been pretty good in recent years. Rogers, Taylor, Betts, Dockery, and Cooley were all good picks, and going back a little further Samuels, Jansen, and Smoot. The only real bust picks IMO were Jacobs and Gardner.

That's the way I understand it. That's why I can't figgure out why everyone thinks we don't have a 1st rounder....we just used it a year early?!?:rolleyes:

What's wrong with trading this years for the rights to a guy you want last year? What QB would be available at 26 this year that Gibbs would like better? Plus JC has a year of clipboard, coaching, watching, practicing and learning under his belt...:)

Also I live around the Broncos media , and they've had thier share of busts too. You go through any teams history and you'll find bust after bust (and I ain't talkin bout the cheerleaders). Number 1's are great if you want a loosing season to preceed it. I'd rather see late 1st rounders myself, that means the Skins went to the playoffs:D I just wish for more 2 & 3 round picks.

It wasn't just the first, it was also our fourth. There could be a QB available at that spot as a Aaron Rodgers like fall is currently being predicted for Vince Young after a poor showing. I'm happy with Campbell and the trade we made to acquire him (Denver was probably expecting a MUCH higher pick). However we can't count Jason as a "good" pick untill we see what he's made of. I bet Chargers fans thought Ryan Leaf was a good pick before he got on the field. :laugh:

I remember we passed on Alex Brown a few times and that was Spurrier passing on a Florida guy. We wound up taking Cliff Russell or Ladell Betts instead. Betts insn't bad but we took Cliff Russell over Alex Brown of the Bears. How good would Brown look in a Redskins uniform?

Brian Westbrrok was also a late round pick in this draft. I can only imagine our war room with Spurrier running the show.

Archived