Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone here been to the Masters?

flyingtiger1013

It's probably great if you are a golf fan and want to enjoy the whole history thing.

I went with a couple of friends couple of years ago and had a pretty good time. Except as the days dragged on i decided to amuse myself by making inappropriate comments with this fake southern accent. Some of the gallery members weren't pleased.

The ticket wait list for the Masters was closed to new waiters in the 70s!!!

The opened it up in the mid 90s for people who had bought practice round tickets for many years (I was lucky enough to be one of them). But the reality is that my grandkids might have a chance of getting the tickets from my place in line.

Even practice round tickets are near impossible now.

It's a great day though if you can find the tickets.

I actually lucked into a complimentary sunday badge for the 96 Masters (better known as "The Biggest Choke in History"). I had a buddy who was the son of a big time honcho with one of the biggest courses in Myrtle Beach, so we got 3 free badges.

I had a great time. Something most people don't realize- the souvenirs there are remarkably reasonable in price. (Compared to what they could be.) Nice hats for 15 bucks, programs for 3, shirts for 15 bucks.

There are some pushy ****s in the gallery, and the leaders' gallery is ridiculously large (most ppl don't realize that the masters' crowd nears 80k), so either get yourself a seat by a green on the back 9 (there's some spots by 16 in the shade that were great) or follow one of the non-leaders.

I had a great time when we went down there. Beautiful scenery, excitement in the air, everything you could want. You don't realize how good professional golfers are until you see a tournament live.

Believe it or not, I could care less about the golfers. I worked player security for the first 2 President's Cups so I have met just about everyone. I'll never forget, last day 1996, having Crown Royal on the rocks and smoking cigars with Arnie talking about avaition!!!!! (He flies his own jet) All the while most of the pros are watching the NFL on the big screen TV and joking and making bets. TOOOOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!

Archived