Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Bowl Surprise

rvan1

There is a relatively decent shot that sean taylor, clinton portis, santana moss, mark brunell, shawn springs, marcus washington, randy thomas, jon jansen, chris samuels and/or chris cooley could make the pro bowl in 06-07. who is your redskins' sleeper pick for the pro bowl?

im going with carlos rogers. based on his rookie season, he has the potential to make big plays. now, as the bona fide starter at his position, and a year under his belt, i think he has a great shot at making his first pro bowl appearance due to the relatively weak play of nfc qbs (i mean, he'll have a shot for 5 interceptions against atlanta hehe) and shawn springs being still considered the better cover corner on our team (more throws towards rogers way).

whos YOUR pick?

I don't know that I'd call this a "sleeper" pick, but Brandon Lloyd. The kid put up almost 800 yards in SF last year, basically with me playing QB. Santana will still get doubled IMO, so a legit #2 will have a chance for a big season. That's assuming he gets more looks as the second option than Randle El (or even Cooley) though so, who knows.

I don't know that I'd call this a "sleeper" pick, but Brandon Lloyd. The kid put up almost 800 yards in SF last year, basically with me playing QB. Santana will still get doubled IMO, so a legit #2 will have a chance for a big season. That's assuming he gets more looks as the second option than Randle El (or even Cooley) though so, who knows.

I was going to say Lloyd but I went to Marshall cuz he has been a Skin and I know what we will be getting outta him. Lloyd has the potential to blow up though especially with Moss on the other side and RE in the slot. I just don't think teams will risk doubling up Moss and ALL our other weapons hurt them. I see another 1200+ yard season for Moss. Next years offense its going to be pick your poison for opposing squads. YOU WANT A SLEEPER PICK...MARK BRUNELL...MVP.

No question LeMar Marshall.

I don't know if he's known enough around the league to get a spot though. He needs to make himself a household name because as we Redskin fans know, it's a popularity contest. The players who truly deserve to be on the team generally aren't.

A la many players on the 'Skins defense.

Probowl is stupid, the players who deserve to be in it always lose out to the "media stars" regardless of their performance. How else do you explain Vick going all the time? In '04, the Skins had the number one D in the NFC, yet Washington was the ONLY player to go. Mean while, the Eagles had a whole bunch of overacheivers go. This past season was worse as apparently all the NFL fans developed a man crush for the Falcons, who had the most players go, despite missing the playoffs. Brunell over Vick, Portis over Dunn, Cooley over Crumpler, Washington over Brooking, Springs over Hall. JMO, but screw the probowl, all I care about is the team's record. My sleeper next year: Griffin

I was going to say Lloyd but I went to Marshall cuz he has been a Skin and I know what we will be getting outta him. Lloyd has the potential to blow up though especially with Moss on the other side and RE in the slot. I just don't think teams will risk doubling up Moss and ALL our other weapons hurt them. I see another 1200+ yard season for Moss. Next years offense its going to be pick your poison for opposing squads. YOU WANT A SLEEPER PICK...MARK BRUNELL...MVP.

Completely agree. I can't wait to see four legitimate receiving weapons on the field together; and teams not being able to stack the box against Portis. The "skill" guys we have are far better overall than what Saunders had in KC, especially at WR. Yet Saunders had the #1 offense in the league, what, three of the last five years? He's gotta feel like a kid in a candy shop right now.

I love the MVP pick. Barring another pesky leg injury, Mark's gonna have a career and quite possibly MVP calibre year. Should be fun to watch.

As far as Marshall, I just wonder what his role is going to be this year. Assuming Andre Carter plays mostly defensive end (I'm not sure, just a guess) I think McCune gets a look at MLB. IMO, that would put Marshall on the weak side. If that happens, I could see big numbers OR an adjustment period. One of our "no-name" LB's has to step up though, and if it's Marshall that's fine by me.

Archived