Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Black Sabbath studio release?

AbleDanger

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is my kiind of thread! Sabbath is without a doubt my favorite band of all time and certainly among the most underrated groups ever. I would also like to add that Iommi is GOD and Geezer is, naturally, the DEVIL. I am one of those guys that has as much appreciation for the Dio/Gillian era as I do for the Ozzy years. That said, I vote for "Sabotage" as the greatest Sabbath album and maybe the greatest album by any band ever! "Heaven and Hell" would place a close second.

Man this brings back some memories. Got to dig out some old albums.

You should come check out my band if you like this kind of music, we play lots of classic rock. The only newer stuff we play is Tool. Other than that, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Van Halen (old VH) Old Aerosmith, etc... :D

Volume IV.

I agree with that. Most people remember Black Sabbath for their heavier riffs (e.g., Iron Man, Symptom of the Universe, Black Sabbath, etc.) but are not as familiar with some of Black Sabbath's more experimental and progressive songs that influenced a great many rock bands. Volume 4 was an album where they really started to branch out. Sabotage is a close second for me. I have to admit that Never Say Die is also a guilty pleasure. That album was very 70's, but it really grew on me.

This is my kiind of thread! Sabbath is without a doubt my favorite band of all time and certainly among the most underrated groups ever.

I believe the most underated. Black Sabbath was an influence for most any rock band you hear on the radio today. Black Sabbath was the original "metal" band and by far the best.

Archived