Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Harrington or Ramsey?

EvoSkins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

With McNown being signed to the Lions to go with Kitna, it as though Harrington will be released. This means that the 3rd overall pick and 32nd overall pick from the 2002 draft will be needing somewhere to work.

The Jets, Raiders, Ravens, and Tampa Bay could be looking for a veteran QB.

Joey Harrington has appeared in 58 games, 54.7 completion percentage, 10,242 total passing yds, 5.7 yards per pass average, 60 TDs, 62 INTs, and a 68.1 QB rating.

Patrick Ramsey has appeared in 34 games, 55.7 completion percentage, 5,649 total passing yds, 6.6 yards per pass average, 34 TDs, 29 INTs, and a 75.0 QB rating.

Just for fun, here are some more QBs from the 2002 draft.

David Carr (1st overall) has appeared in 60 games, 57.8 completion percentage, 10,624 total passing yds, 6.5 yards per pass average, 48 TDs, 53 INTs, and a 73.7 QB rating.

Josh McCown (81st overall) has appeared in 35 games, 57.8 completion percentage, 5,431 total passing yds, 6.3 yards per pass average, 25 TDs, 29 INTs, and a 72.1 QB rating.

Ramsey and McCown have almost exact numbers with Ramsey being a litle better.

With McNown being signed to the Lions to go with Kitna, it as though Harrington will be released. This means that the 3rd overall pick and 32nd overall pick from the 2002 draft will be needing somewhere to work.

The Jets, Raiders, Ravens, and Tampa Bay could be looking for a veteran QB.

Joey Harrington has appeared in 58 games, 54.7 completion percentage, 10,242 total passing yds, 5.7 yards per pass average, 60 TDs, 62 INTs, and a 68.1 QB rating.

Patrick Ramsey has appeared in 34 games, 55.7 completion percentage, 5,649 total passing yds, 6.6 yards per pass average, 34 TDs, 29 INTs, and a 75.0 QB rating.

Just for fun, here are some more QBs from the 2002 draft.

David Carr (1st overall) has appeared in 60 games, 57.8 completion percentage, 10,624 total passing yds, 6.5 yards per pass average, 48 TDs, 53 INTs, and a 73.7 QB rating.

Josh McCown (81st overall) has appeared in 35 games, 57.8 completion percentage, 5,431 total passing yds, 6.3 yards per pass average, 25 TDs, 29 INTs, and a 72.1 QB rating.

Ramsey and McCown have almost exact numbers with Ramsey being a litle better.

Given this break down, they all seem pretty mediocre or average as best if you ask me. :doh: Some better at things than others but overall, this QB class has been pretty disappointing. With the exception of Carr because he actually was drafted by an expansion team and had managed to produce roughly the same average as the other three.

Now, to answer the question I would have to take Ramsey because Harrington could not get it done with three first round receivers, granted one was having legal troubles for most of the year, but still. Although, one can argue that he started to come on once he got his job back from Garcia. I will still take Ramsey because I think he can be successful in another system, perhaps with another o-line that is built for a pocket passer. In other words, if you put Ramsey behind Indy's o-line, he would be a beast. :2cents:

harrington is worth nada. he did absolutely nothing for the lions. nothing. nothing. nothing. ramsey did have his moments with us. unfortunately for PR he was beat the crap out of his first year with us. and that was mainly cause he had no protection and bad coaching. if he can get that out of his head i could see him as a threat elsewhere. but as of now... he just a pinch better than harrington

Just a thought:

If Ramsey had never played for the Redskins and he was available for a fourth round pick or lower, how much do you want to bet we would be trading for him right now?

I'll take that bet. You may recall that Joe Gibbs first move after he came back was to go out and pay a ton for Mark Brunell. This was before he had coached one single practice with Patrick Ramsey. There was something he didn't like about Ramsey before he got here. His distrust of Ramsey was not something that developed solely after he got here.

Just a thought:

If Ramsey had never played for the Redskins and he was available for a fourth round pick or lower, how much do you want to bet we would be trading for him right now?

Over Collins??? I doubt it. Collins was targeted specifically because he played for Saunders and knows trhe system. We wouldnt target ramsey with Campbell and Brunell already It doesnt make sense. Maybe if Saunders wasnt here I could see that.

Harrington has played a ton of games with a good coach and great talent around him. He's shown what his max is. PR still has upside because no one has seen him play with good coaching and great talent around him. It would be hard to imagine that Harrington could ever be anything more than a backup. PR still has the possibility given the right circumstances to be a quality starter.

Archived