Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Help -- FedEx Parking Situation

EagleRob

Friends and neighbors...

First off, I apologize if this is in the incorrect forum. Not sure where to post it.

Given that I only get out to FedEx once per year...hmmm guess which game...I'm curious about some of the parking changes this year. Usually, I'm able to get a green lot parking pass for the games I go to, but this year I was forced to go another route.

I looked into the Skins website and it says that there is no cash parking at FedEx this year, but that this year, cash parking would be handled via a lease agreement with USAir Arena. Ok, so if I paid cash, I'd have to hoof it...that's cool, I got legs.

Here's the twist. Someone offered to sell me a "White" parking pass to the USAir lot. Do these exist or is this some kind of sham? I'm assuming that if there's cash lots out at USAir, then why would they also offer permit passes? Anybody know anything about this? Are there a limited number of passes out there and the rest is cash? Also, how much is the cash parking? I've heard something about a shuttle...does it exist and is there a charge for that too?

Thanks much. Hoping for a good game this Monday.

Yes, strangely enough I actually was beginning to believe that Skins fans were a cut above Eagles fans in many respects...at least that's what you've all been saying here for weeks...but AHols like you, Thito, consistently make me feel better about my affiliations. Cowboykilla, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about, moreover I couldn't give a sh&^

Most of the people here, and all over DC ARE nice people and caring people who would be glad to help you out. But not cowboykilla. No Eagles fan is welcome at FedEx Field. NEVER. I dont give a flyin f*ck about you or anyone else who roots for any other team besides the Redskins. I plan on going to the game 5 hours early on Monday night, and sitting on a hill SNIPING Eagles fans. I will bring my gat and cap anyone wearing green.

Hehehehe... we are pretty nice. But I doubt anyone is going to help you out with directions. There's a long standing notion around here that Skins fans are way too accomodating of the presence of opposing fans at the game, and no one is going to be eager to have an Iggles jersey in the stands. You understand, its the principle of the thing.

Hey EagleRob, park at USAir Arena. Thats what we're doing. There's a free shuttle that runs non stop to Fedex Field and it only takes about 5 min. I costs 20 or 25 bucks to park in the lot but its worth it, b/c its pathetic how there are some sections of the lot that are all away fans. There will be as many Eagles jerseys as Redskins jerseys there. Plus, the shuttle is nice for making fun of Redskins fans on the way back to the car once we win.

Yes ChosenOne....(hey you must like the way that sounds), I do understand the principle. You most likely would get a similar response in Philly if the shoe was on the other foot. I've also heard the same thing about Skins fans being too soft.

But here's the deal...I live here. Unfortunately I can't become a Skins fan due to my naturalization. You wouldn't believe the amount of ragging I take about when I'm going to convert. Truth is, I do root for the Skins in all situations except against Philly...which you should all know is definitely against my upbringing. Why do I root for the Skins second? Because I live here. It's the natural thing to do.

Either way, if any of you were to go to a game in Philly and post a message here or on 700level.com, I'd be right there to help you out...if for no other reason than because I can and we don't want some schmuck who doesn't know what he's doing screwing around in traffic in the parking lot. Simple as that. BTW, if you do go to the vet this year, let me know. I can tell you at least three places you can park within walking distance for free, without the risk of towing. Just a neighborly courtesy.

I may not be welcome to most, but I'll be there anyway. Just trying to stay out of the way and learn a few tricks from those who've done it before. I'll be sure to leave my body armor at home.

EagleRob, phillyphattymatt is correct. If you don't have a permit then USAir Arena is your best bet unless you feel creative in the way Bhudda described. For one game I'd pay the $20. Overhead signs on the beltway will direct you to cash parking.

Not exactly the warmest welcome from the Skins crowd. But nobody is interested in seeing more fans like the moronic (but wonderously limber) phillyphattymatt.

Buddha, that is a hike! I don't think the Stadium is allowing people to walk onto the property unless it's coming from the Capital Centre. We used to park at Landover and walk over but they won't let you come in that way anymore. You are forced to park at Capital Centre or the Main lot.

Redskin brethren -- it's not like whether we give a tiny piece of information about a parking pass is going to make a difference in whether or not somebody comes out to the game. This is not Iraq, for crying out loud. If Eagles fans want to watch their team lose in person it undoubtedly will negatively impact morale.

In any event, Rob, there *are* white parking passes. They are for the Cap Center (former US Air) Cash lot that new ticketholders like myself get stuck with. I think they charge $25 cash to park there. If you can buy a white pass cheaper than that it's to your advantage.

I am ashamed of my fellow skin fans

Forget that. Sorry for hating the enemy. You are dorks for wanting to help Eagles fans come to FedEx Field. If you help Eagles fans, you are a hypocrites. You wonder why there are so many green jerseys in FedEx.

So you're from Burke, and go to JMU... sounds like a thug to me.

Find me monday night.

Archived