Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Skins interested in Ike Taylor?

RDSKNFN_48

Ike Taylor is not a nickel corner. As early as next year he will become one of the best corners in the league. He has horrible hands and if he caught the 9 INT drops that he made this year... we'd be hearing his name more often.

Ike only got burnt once, Peyton to Harrison during the regular season. This was only because he is strong against the run and he bit on a play fake.

Unfortunately' date=' the Steelers are pretty smart.

And I love the idea that Taylor would be depth here. He was the top cornerback on the Super Bowl winning team - a team with an excellent defense. Yea, he'd be a nice special teams player here.

Troy Polamalu would be nice depth as well.[/quote']

LOL at Troy Polamalu being depth. HAHA, he'd be starting right next to Sean Taylor. Can you imagine how deadly our defense would be w/ ST and TP back as the safeties?

All i have to say is.....................................WOW! :D

LOL at Troy Polamalu being depth. HAHA, he'd be starting right next to Sean Taylor. Can you imagine how deadly our defense would be w/ ST and TP back as the safeties?

I think it would be morally wrong to do that...matter of fact I think its banned in 43 states to have a safety tandem THAT good lol. God that would be so sick

A 1st rounder is OBVIOUSLY out of the question, but even small compensation which could be agreed upon is alot when there is still 1) Will Allen 2) Tyrone Pool 3) Jamar Fletcher

No WILL ALLEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaintsuck

You forgot the best cb fa still available. ANDRE DYSON.

No WILL ALLEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gaintsuck

You forgot the best cb fa still available. ANDRE DYSON.

There are better CB's out there than Andre Dyson (Woodson, Law, Taylor, etc.), he was a nickle in SEA and considered a dissappointment.

Haven't seen Andyman round these parts in a while...wonder if he can shed some light on this.

Maybe one of our members shouldn't have called him out on Larry Michael's show. Aargh.

People can be so stoopid. Like when I was talking to Bono and somebody reached over and tried to take his "fly" glasses. Security threw Bono into a limo and off they drove.

Why why why...

Maybe one of our members shouldn't have called him out on Larry Michael's show. Aargh.

I really hope that doesn't stop him from posting around here once in a while...I wonder why LM even took that question? I really hope he didn't screw it up for the rest of us.

There are better CB's out there than Andre Dyson (Woodson, Law, Taylor, etc.), he was a nickle in SEA and considered a dissappointment.

Taylor isn't a UFA, and Woodson and Law will ask for too much, and they are getting up there in age. Which is why Dyson would be perfect. He's only 27, wont have a huge price tag on his head, and should be a solid nickle/3rd CB here for a while.

I agree. It seems we'll be targeting a CB in the 2nd round anyway. Why not take a somewhat proven player?

You really think we will go after a corner in the draft? I was thinking the draft was a little stronger at LB and we could get a quality LB late in the 2nd.

I was being sarcastic. Ike Taylor would immediately be the best corner on the team.

Ask Chad Johnson about him sometime. They played head to head three times and Chad did nothing.

As I said in another thread, there is a reason why the Steelers tendered him at $1.55 million. If he does sign elsewhere, there is NO WAY Pittsburgh will accept anything less than a first round pick. This is simply NOT going to happen.

I remember when Ike Taylor came out in the draft. He was an athletic specimen who hadn't played a lot, considered a possible unknown factor but a hit-or-miss prospect. Ironically he was drafted right after Brandon Lloyd.

I agree with the "aints". Since the Redskins are known as the team that can make any deal happen, it is always given some lip service. But I doubt it, we are not hurting enough at CB to cough up a #1. And who do we sit? Springs or Rogers? The ideal move is to draft one that can back up now & work into his starting role as Springs gets older.

Archived