Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Sellers (role in the new offense)

RedskinsSuperBowl21

With three new players added to the offense, where do you believe Mike Sellers will fit in the offensive gameplan.....

.....keep in mind his many redzone recieving TDs and 1 rush attempt for 1yard and 1 TD

Sellers is a BAD man, especially in the red zoneand Portis loves to grab his shirt tail while Sellers drags him in to the endzone :laugh:

I see him used in the same manner as last year. Sellers plays on STs also, so we don't want to wear him out, do we?

As you have mentioned, he gets open and scores TDs also...........

Cooley is an H-back, which means people have trouble classifying him. Sometimes people call him a full back and sometimes people call him a TE. He's neither and both.

He does lead block through a hole for portis, and sometimes he lines up at the line of scrimmage and run blocks like a tight end. Other times he'll line up as a tight end, bull and be the first one through a hole. He's a jack of all trades.

He also likes to hit people after he catches passes. That's not neccesarily part of his position, I just think he likes it.

I do have another question regarding fullbacks...

Mike Sellers is listed as a FB and I have seen and heard Cooley mentioned as FB...

...Is Cooley a run blocker? i noticed they are similar sizes

Cooley is an adequate run blocker, but he has more a pass catching role than Sellers does, who is used more as a lead blocker and occasional receiver.

Cooley is an H-back, which means people have trouble classifying him. Sometimes people call him a full back and sometimes people call him a TE. He's neither and both.

How very profound grasshopper... :laugh:

Sellers is definitely a FB same as last year. With all the added weapons on the offensive side, he may lead the team in TD's this year. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Touchdown, Washington Redskins! :point2sky

Archived