Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's be honest

Eagletistic

I understand your defense is young and has tremendous potential but what is up with the offense? Does anyone out there in Redskin country truly like the direction they are going? Need a QB and by the time you go through the growing pains of a rookie QB learning the system age may set in on Davis and Westbrook. It is in need of an overhaul. I see the signs of a great D but without the O your team will go nowhere.

Just one thought of many.

Good Point Eagletistic, good point indeed. What good is a team if it has a good defense but lacks in all other aspects of beating a good club? Think these guys are any better than the Giants? I dont. Im lookin for the Eagles to make the statment Sunday that they are on top of the division to stay this year. Redskins made some big mistakes by getting rid of Mitchell for Sanders, letting Thrash go to us. And letting their QB Brad Davis go to Tampa. Gee, is this the franchise who shot itself in the foot or what? At least they dumped George, good move there Marty, good move. But putting it on the line, you cant keep winning if you keep switching QB's weekly Skin fans. Eagles learned that a few years back. Now we are set to advance to the next level. Your standing in our way Skins. Can you hear the fat lady singing yet? You will come Sunday kids.

Who's switching quarterbacks weekly? We switched from George to Banks after the second game, and it has been Banks every game since then. Graham only got in the game Sunday because Banks got hurt.

Yeah, the Ravens didn't go anywhere last year with an unspectacular quarterback, did they.

I'm interested in hearing how Philly's unstoppable offense is going to lead them to the promised land. Please explain that one to us.

Hail2Skins: Nice pick-up on who is Brad Davis. He was a movie star who played in roles such as Midnight Express and other movies. I really meant Brad Johnson, but thanks for waking me up to the fact of saying the wrong name. Anyway, why did you let him go to Tampa? Wasnt really the money was it? You should have given Tampa George instead, but oh well at least ya got Kent Graham and Tony banks at a bargain right? I think what happened on the name is I got Steven DAVIS and BRAD Johnson crossed up . Oh well.

You guys seem to be confusing the long term issues our team has with the short term issue of "who wins this week". As the short term answer is easy (Redskins :D ) we'll focus on the long term QB question.

None of us love our QB situation. Banks when on can be a good QB. When he's average, he's average. When he's bad, he's awful. Graham is a journeyman and a backup, and nothing more.

All of us want something better, but that's probably the most difficult position to fill with a dominant player in the entire league. As you guys have pointed out, the future doesn't bode well for us if we try to go with a youth movement given the state of the talent on the rest of our offensive team.

Fortunately, we have a coach that has never relied upon a dominant QB to run his offenses. And we have a RB who can carry the load for us. I have a feeling that no matter what we do with Banks, we'll sign a veteran FA QB during the offseason. We may also draft a young prospect, and then see what shakes out over the next couple of years.

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

----------------------

"I fear we've awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

- Japanese Imperial Admiral Yamamoto, after hearing that the Japanese declaration of war failed to reach the U.S. government before the attack upon Pearl Harbor

RySkins: look at your post dude. 3 different quarterbacks in 9 games. OK so its not a new QB every week, but its a new QB every 3 weeks by laws of average and the truth is your club aint the Ravens son. On your next question, your kidding right? Look how many points the Eagles have scored this year. Then go look up and see how many times they have been stopped from scoring inside the oppositions 20 yard line. Then go look up and see how many times Duce has been involved in all of this scoring. Duce is back Skins, be forewarned now. Besides you wont stop McNabb anyway, you dont match up well with us this season. Look for the romp at the Vet on Sunday by the Eagles guyz. Take your lumps on the head like men. 3 Superbowls, thats cool. Does your team live in the past as well? Marty will never get to the Dance. He is a good coach, but face it Skins, he aint Joe Gibbs.

Originally posted by Eagle_Lou:

Marty will never get to the Dance. He is a good coach, but face it Skins, he aint Joe Gibbs.

You're right... he is no Joe Gibbs. He only has about 50 more wins as a HC and is 12th on the list of ALL-TIME winningest coaches.

As far as 'never getting to the dance'... you must be a very rich man considering your ability to forsee the future. You've placed all your $$$ on the Iggs this week right? rolleyes.gif

[edited.gif by Blade on November 20, 2001.]

Eagle Lou - When was the last time either the Redskins or the Eagles romped the other? The Redskins and Eagles always play a close game, regardless of the records. This is a game the Eagles SHOULD win, but that doesn't mean it is going to be easy.

I think you are vastly overrating the Eagles' offense. The offense scored one touchdown last week, the other two were scored by the defense. Yes, you put up 48 on the Vikings, but the Vikings are hurrendous defensively. Staley has looked good the last two weeks, but again those were against bad rush defenses, and with the Eagles playing with a big lead throughout. Andy Reid has shown that when the run is not working early, he will not stick with it, and that is what I look at. Thrash and Pinkston are passable at receiver, but they don't strike fear into the heart of anybody. The only offensive weapon that scares opponents is still McNabb.

Wow, A Redskins fan stabbing Theisman in the back. Een aN Eagle fan such as myself believes that Joe was a winner. Williams well that game your RB had a great game.

I knew it was a matter of time before the Superbowl thing would come up. I'm sure you enjoyed the movie Back To The Future. Live the present Blade. The Ravens probably had the best D of all time last year. Unless you think your D is of that caliber your Dilfer arguemnt has no value.

Ryskins, where did I mention the Eagles offense is unstopable? There's your damn explaination.

Redman it seems you have some sense but it looks like Blade and Ryskins love the current QB. Picking up a veteran QB can also create problems. Look at Grbac, Johnson in Tampa, even Flutie is starting to struggle. Better to grab a rookie and teach him new tricks instead of correcting the old ones. Banks is a waste of time and you O will remain stagnet until he is gone.

As far as the Eagles offense, they need improvement but the direction is continuing to go forward. Can any Redskin fan deny that?

OK, let's see if I got this right.

Eagle_Lou = 1/4 wit. Eagletistic = 1/4 wit. Put them together and you have, abracadabra, a half-wit.dunce.gif

Let's see if these brainiacs show up on Monday with congrats if the Skins win.

Don'tcha just love Eagles week?hammer.gif

Love the current quarterback? I have yet to mention anything like that in any of these posts. Tony Banks is not a great quarterback, certainly not in McNabb's class, but he's better than anyone else we have and is better than anyone else available. My point is that it doesn't take a great quarterback to win: the Ravens did it last year with Dilfer and the Steelers, Jets, Dolphins, and Bears are doing it this year with the likes of Kordell Stewart, Vinny Testaverde, Jay Fiedler, and Jim Miller/Shane Matthews.

Originally posted by Eagletistic:

As far as the Eagles offense, they need improvement but the direction is continuing to go forward. Can any Redskin fan deny that?

TextLast year we were 11-5. This year we are 6-3 and continue to get better each week. In order for you to prove to us that we arent as good as we think we are, you still have to beat us. On any given Sunday thats fine. But not this Sunday Skins. Eagles are diggin in for the long haul, and unfortunately for your club, you get to be the guinnia pigs. Want me to start posting some predictions about the final score outcome? Little tip for ya, it wont be close, but if your an Eagle fan it sure will look pretty.

Hey Eagletastic:

I think you make a decent point on the Redskins QB situation. Is Tony Banks the long-term solution?. Believe it or not, he could be. He played on a pretty bad Rams team early in his career, and has had to learn 2 new offensive systems in the last 2 years. As others have pointed out on this board, there are other examples of QBs maturing and becoming solid performers later in their careers: Testaverde, Flutie, and I could even go all the way back to Jim Plunkett. I think the jury is still out on Banks. However, if the Eagles want to trade McNabb for him, we'll take it. We'll even throw in the rights to Deionpukeface.gif

I think the Skins have bigger long term issues on the defensive line. Bruce will probably retire this year, Marco isn't getting any younger, Kennard Lang is basically playing out of position, and there is very little quality depth on the d line.

------------------

If you can't be good, be good at it.

Um, yeah, moron (gratuitous name-calling, and redundant considering this is an Eagles fan, but I couldn't resist). I saw the Philly-Dallas game on Sunday. If that's improvement, I'd hate to see what the offense was like before.

Face facts, bub. McNabb is a running back playing QB. He'll never be top-notch because he just doesn't throw the ball well. I know you'll reply with something lame. It doesn't matter - what kills you is that you know this is true, no matter how much you wish otherwise.

Originally posted by SonnyJ:

Face facts, bub. McNabb is a running back playing QB. He'll never be top-notch because he just doesn't throw the ball well. I know you'll reply with something lame. It doesn't matter - what kills you is that you know this is true, no matter how much you wish otherwise.

Text

Would you like some cheeze and crackers to go along with that whine of yours? Dont ya just love it when they start get into fantacy land and put your star player down? It shows there afraid of him. thats cool, they should be, he could single handly hand them a plate full of crow come Sunday, Muhahahahaha. Die Skins Die !!!Text

SonnyJ,

Thanks for your opinion. Yes you are entitled to it. Just have a few questions to ask. Were you asleep when McNabb played for the Orangemen? Was he not a 4 year starter that pass frequently in college? True he needs to improve the deep ball but compared to last year he is doing that. Did you happen to check out his stats. 16 TD'S, 5 INT'S, 2 rushing TD'S. Yeah your right, he is a running QB, that is improving his passing skills at the NFL level. Until last week the Eagles were perfect in the red-zone. He limits the mistakes. Why don't you face the facts my friend. You don't see me name calling, why don't you learn from the bogeyman. There may be some Redskins players that bring it on Sunday and I give them their do. I KNOW THAT TO BE TRUE!!!! You comment has no value.

RedskinFan4Life,

That's pretty funny. Way to use the noodle. I enjoy smack talk and to me that was original. If for some unknown reason the Redskins win on Sunday, I will post a message to receive my lumps. I just don't see that happening.

Hail to another Redskin lost

We let Brad go because he became to dependant on the short dumpoff. His arm also seemed alot less strong going down the field. After the first half of the 1999 season, his arm strength seemed to drop off. Nobody really seemed to believe the Skins fans when we said he wasn't the same QB he was at teh beginning of 1999. Now that he's throwing loft passes and dinks and dunks in Tampa, I think there might be another team's fans taht say look beyond the stats. He's killing another team. While his winning percentage here in Wash was good, he was rarely the the guy to cause the wins. He was however the guy who cost us a few games with multiple int at critical times.

We went with George because he was a better contract deal. What's more, our WRs are better down the field WRs. A strong armed QB looked to be a better match for our WRs. However, MArty and George...well, you know the story there. Ugly. Banks has come in, improved steadily, and hasa strong arm. He hits just enough short stuff to keep defenses honest, but he will also throw the nice down the field pass which better matches our Wrs abilities. What people also overlook in Banks is he has somme really nice fakes. The play action looks much better, and he's doing a much better job looking off the secondary. Is he the long term answer? I don't know. He still misses short passes, burns the extra timeouts, and muffs some snaps. We'll see. Right now he been on a hot streak.

There is a problem for McNabb this Sunday.He had better keep his one open for LaVar or they both maybe shut for a while. It has been a while since I have seen a player knock himself out hitting someone so hard. If anyone can play spy on McNabb it will be LaVar. Ask Aikman if he can hit.

Hail Skins

Wow, A Redskins fan stabbing Theisman in the back. Een aN Eagle fan such as myself believes that Joe was a winner.

Glad you think JT was a winner... So do I. Not sure how Joe Thiesman got 'stabbed in the back'... he was not a 'franchise QB' IMHO. Joe Gibbs designed his offense around what JT did well. Joe Gibbs made the team great, not Joe Theisman.

I'm sure you enjoyed the movie Back To The Future. Live the present Blade. The Ravens probably had the best D of all time last year. Unless you think your D is of that caliber your Dilfer arguemnt has no value.

The Ravens offense relied on a heavy dose of power running and a mistake-free game from its QB. Sounds alot like the old Skins under Joe Gibbs. Maybe you dont remember just how good the Skins D was the years they went to the show. The '91 Skins opened the year with 3 consecutive home SHUTOUTS. They did not dominate the way the Ravens did, but they were consistent. A consistent D that is good at stopping the run coupled with a power running game and mistake-free play from the QB can win a Superbowl in today's NFL. If you can not see the validity of this argument, I wont waste my time trying to teach it to you.

Redman it seems you have some sense but it looks like Blade and Ryskins love the current QB. Picking up a veteran QB can also create problems. Look at Grbac, Johnson in Tampa, even Flutie is starting to struggle. Better to grab a rookie and teach him new tricks instead of correcting the old ones. Banks is a waste of time and you O will remain stagnet until he is gone.

Perhaps if you had read my post HERE made a full 20 minutes before you wrote this, you'd see my opinion on Mcnabb vs Banks. McNabb is a franchise QB... Banks is not. But we can win without Banks... can the Iggs say the same thing about Mcnabb? I am sure you pray you don't find the answer to that one.

[edited.gif by Blade on November 20, 2001.]

And I thought Cowboy fans were full of themselves. You Eagle fans really take the cake. At least Cowboys fans have Super Bowl trophies to fall back on, Eagle fans have absolutly NOTHING!!! For a team that was supposed to blow through the season and win the NFC East, the Eagles haven't played the part. 2-3 at home and your ****ing off about how your gonna blow the Skins away on Sunday. You guys sound just like that moron Taco John the Bronco fan. All talk, all week long, until his team gets their *** *s kicked and then he turns into the biggest whinner around. Yea, you might beat us Sunday, but lose the pompus attitude, your team is nothing to write home about.

Archived