Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Carter Agrees to Terms

Zen-like Todd

all the scouting reports I've read on him have said he plays best at 4-3 DE, as compared to playing 3-4 OLB at San Fran

I just have those visions of him blowing by Chris Samuels (albeit CS had a bad knee) in 2003 when I think they played a 4-3. He reminded me of Simeon Rice, or hugh douglas. I hope he can be that bad*** again. :cheers:

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is that the very first thread on the first page of The Stadium forum, Tarhog has made an official thread regarding free agent acquisitions. On that thread he has asked that any "OFFICIAL" news concerning acquisitions belongs in that thread and that no new threads should be started regarding "OFFICIAL" signings.

Yet you felt it necessary to circumvent the "OFFICIAL" thread and start a new one. So was it really worthy of a new thread?

Actually, in Tarhog's "official" thread.... although they added Carter on the list.... there was an asteriks indicating that status was still "pending". Perhaps the ES staff shouldn't have added it... to that list. But they have mentioned in a few posts that it wasn't official... so they were aware of it.

NOTHING is official until the Skins make an official release.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 14, 2006

REDSKINS AGREE TO TERMS WITH DE ANDRE CARTER

ASHBURN, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have agreed to terms with veteran defensive end Andre Carter. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Touted as an exceptional athlete with tremendous speed, Carter will be a welcome addition to the Redskins defensive unit.

The Redskins are set to introduce Carter in a news conference on Wednesday, March 15th at 10:30 a.m. in the auditorium at Redskins Park.

Carter, 6-4, 265 lbs., entered the League as a first round (7th overall) draft pick of the San Francisco 49ers in the 2001 NFL Draft. The five-year veteran has totaled 211 tackles (160 solo), 32 sacks and 8.5 forced fumbles during his career.

In 2005, he appeared in all 16 games, with 14 starts and recorded 58 tackles (43 solo) and 4.5 sacks. Hampered by injury in 2004, Carter appeared in only seven games with six starts. In 2003, he led all defensive linemen with 6.5 sacks and finished with 34 tackles (21 solo) while starting 15 games. During his sophomore campaign in 2002, Carter produced a career-high 12.5 sacks and added 57 tackles (45 solo). That season he also started all 16 games and both postseason contests. As a rookie, Carter played and started 15 games and recorded a team-high 6.5 sacks. He finished the year with 49 tackles (41 solo) and two forced fumbles. He earned both NFC Defensive Player of the Week and NFC Rookie of the Month honors during his first pro season.

The former California product finished his college career with a school-record 31 sacks and ranks second on the career list with 55 tackles for loss.

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is that the very first thread on the first page of The Stadium forum, Tarhog has made an official thread regarding free agent acquisitions. On that thread he has asked that any "OFFICIAL" news concerning acquisitions belongs in that thread and that no new threads should be started regarding "OFFICIAL" signings.

Yet you felt it necessary to circumvent the "OFFICIAL" thread and start a new one. So was it really worthy of a new thread?

I'm not sure if you're trying to be cute or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The thread at the top of the page is locked by anyone but the moderators. It is an updated listing of threads created elsewhere on extremeskins.com that confirm the signings.

Post only source-backed OFFICIAL Redskins signing news here. Please no rumors, wish-lists, or unconfirmed signings. This should be THE place to post breaking confirmed news.

And since we're doing our best 'Rain Man' imitations here, this thread'll remain locked until staff find confirmed signings, at which time WE'LL update the thread. Some of you really are 'excellent drivers' though.

5 minutes to Wapner.

So not only is it not circumventing that thread, it enables that thread. Do you understand now?

Actually, in Tarhog's "official" thread.... although they added Carter on the list.... there was an asteriks indicating that status was still "pending". Perhaps the ES staff shouldn't have added it... to that list. But they have mentioned in a few posts that it wasn't official... so they were aware of it.

NOTHING is official until the Skins make an official release.

I saw the disclaimer regarding Carter. But my question is this, why do people on this forum, especially vets, start threads about acquisitions when Tarhog has clearly asked that his thread be the "official" thread regarding acquisitions?

I, like most on this forum, am interested and excited about this offseason and our potential going into next season but with a bunch of new threads being posted about acquisitions there has been a lot of confusion, i.e the John Abraham story yesterday. Until Andyman came on and set the record straight, there were innumerable posts on whether or not he would be a Redskin., lots of confusion and speculation.

Why not just leave it to the "official thread" so we don't have so much confusion? I have been looking at it this way, until it is posted on the official thread, then things could change.

I saw the disclaimer regarding Carter. But my question is this, why do people on this forum, especially vets, start threads about acquisitions when Tarhog has clearly asked that his thread be the "official" thread regarding acquisitions?

I, like most on this forum, am interested and excited about this offseason and our potential going into next season but with a bunch of new threads being posted about acquisitions there has been a lot of confusion, i.e the John Abraham story yesterday. Until Andyman came on and set the record straight, there were innumerable posts on whether or not he would be a Redskin., lots of confusion and speculation.

Why not just leave it to the "official thread" so we don't have so much confusion? I have been looking at it this way, until it is posted on the official thread, then things could change.

I believe Todd's followup post answered your question. It enables the mod's to update that official thread.

Technically speaking... Carter's name should have never been on that last. That's where the confusion lies.

Because this way we get the info quicker and we can discuss it. The official thread is a good summary.

I explained this in my reply to you, but I'll say it again. If you look at that thread, under each player, there are links to the threads that a) suggest the inevitability of the signing, and B) confirm the signing. Without the creation of those threads in the Stadium, there's nothing to link to. My thread is ENTIRELY consistent with the threads for every other player. The "official" thread you refer to is simply an aggregation of links to other threads such as this one. Carter's signing was never confirmed. My thread was the first evidence of confirmation. Until then, it was simply speculation. And, if you go to that thread now, you'll see that one of the links under Andre Carter's name is to this thread.

There is no conspiracy, you are simply confused. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

No one is ganging up on you... they are learning you. It'll help you in the long run. Just like anything on this board... if you want to post and share your opinion... you better accept the criticism that comes with. And be prepared to defend your thoughts... because people are going to engage you.

Good post DieHard!!! Hail to the Redskins...

For Zen,

You posted your thread as I was writing the last one so I didn't see it before I posted the second thread. I just figured that with the confusion regarding the Abraham fiasco yeterday, that we should leave it to the "official thread" for confirmation. I get your point.

The man's a stud. College record for tackles with loss, great year last year, had injury in 2004, limited play. Considered DE, pass rusher, can play olb. I think this is a bigger pick up than some people think. We lacked a pass rush badly last year, and may have been the sole reason we did not get further in the playoffs, other than injury.

Archived