Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Carter Agrees to Terms

Zen-like Todd

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15887

'D' Gets Another Boost: Carter Joins D-Line

March 14, 2006

By By Gary Fitzgerald

The Redskins have agreed to terms on a contract with veteran defensive end Andre Carter, the team announced on Tuesday. Carter is regarded as a pass-rushing defensive end who can also play linebacker.

He joins a defensive line unit that struggled to sack opposing QBs early last season, but came on down the stretch and in the playoffs, led by Phillip Daniels.

Andre Carter

Carter, 6-4 and 265 pounds, entered the NFL as a first round (7th overall) draft pick of the San Francisco 49ers in the 2001 NFL Draft. The five-year veteran has totaled 211 tackles (160 solo), 32 sacks and 8.5 forced fumbles during his career.

In 2005, Carter appeared in all 16 games, with 14 starts and recorded 58 tackles (43 solo) and 4.5 sacks. Hampered by injury in 2004, he appeared in only seven games with six starts. In 2003, Carter led 49ers' defensive linemen with 6.5 sacks and finished with 34 tackles (21 solo) while starting 15 games.

Carter turned in his best season in 2002, producing a career-high 12.5 sacks and added 57 tackles (45 solo). That season he also started all 16 games and both of the 49ers' postseason contests.

As a rookie, Carter started 15 games and recorded a team-high 6.5 sacks. He finished the year with 49 tackles (41 solo) and two forced fumbles. He earned both NFC Defensive Player of the Week and NFC Rookie of the Month honors during his first pro season.

The former California product finished his college career with a school-record 31 sacks. He ranked second on the career list with 55 tackles for loss.

Actually, this isn't "welcome to yesterday," as the team had not released any information yet given the fact that nothing was finalized.

I think the new news today is that the terms are finalized and his John Han**** has already appeared, or will shortly appeared, on a completely negotiated document.

So welcome to Today, and Welcome Andre Carter.

I'm behind the times.

So he is being thought of at a defensive lineman again? I like that.

It might just be Gary's opinion:

By By Gary Fitzgerald

The Redskins have agreed to terms on a contract with veteran defensive end Andre Carter, the team announced on Tuesday. Carter is regarded as a pass-rushing defensive end who can also play linebacker.

He joins a defensive line unit that struggled to sack opposing QBs early last season, but came on down the stretch and in the playoffs, led by Phillip Daniels.

-----------

Maybe someone should email him and ask him if that was his opinion? Or if he knows something :)

Damn my bad...yall gangin up on me and s***.....:mad:

No one is ganging up on you... they are learning you. It'll help you in the long run. Just like anything on this board... if you want to post and share your opinion... you better accept the criticism that comes with. And be prepared to defend your thoughts... because people are going to engage you.

all the scouting reports I've read on him have said he plays best at 4-3 DE, as compared to playing 3-4 OLB at San Fran

The scouting reports that ive seen say that he has a pretty good swim move and has nice explosiveness off the snap, but that he lacks side to side movement and is a little stiff hipped for OLB.

Damn my bad...yall gangin up on me and s***.....:mad:

's alright kiddo. Usually people with a significant number of posts have figured out the rules of the road by now (excluding jbooma of course ;) ).

By the way, not to pile on or anything, but one of the guidelines of the board is "don't circumvent the profanity filter". Meaning, dont use *s or !s to try to curse on the board. Either use all *****s, or just type the word out and the profanity filter will take care of it. Don't type a few letters followed by *s.

By the way, not to pile on or anything, but one of the guidelines of the board is "don't circumvent the profanity filter". Meaning, dont use *s or !s to try to curse on the board. Either use all *****s, or just type the word out and the profanity filter will take care of it. Don't type a few letters followed by *s.

But I was trying to spell Another 4 letter s word ;)

You sure about that? I don't see the article posted anywhere. This is the first confirmation of the signing on the Redskins site, which makes it qualitatively different, and worthy of a new thread. Make sense?

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is that the very first thread on the first page of The Stadium forum, Tarhog has made an official thread regarding free agent acquisitions. On that thread he has asked that any "OFFICIAL" news concerning acquisitions belongs in that thread and that no new threads should be started regarding "OFFICIAL" signings.

Yet you felt it necessary to circumvent the "OFFICIAL" thread and start a new one. So was it really worthy of a new thread?

Archived